Old 29-09-2006, 01:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Hungarian goose down pillows

These people have standard size HGD pillows for £36.00 each.
http://www.duvetandpillowwarehouse.co.uk/index.html
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 29-09-2006, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
These people have standard size HGD pillows for £36.00 each.
http://www.duvetandpillowwarehouse.co.uk/index.html
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

I trust these guarantee insomnia-free nights, have a built-in alarm
clock and make coffee?
The pair I bought to replace my antiques were made of genuine,
guaranteed synthetic fibre, they are supremely comfy, and set me back
the princely sum of €14 for the pair. At that price, I don't mind
keeping my old alarm clock and brewing me own java.

Cat(h)

Old 29-09-2006, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

Sacha wrote:
These people have standard size HGD pillows for £36.00 each.
http://www.duvetandpillowwarehouse.co.uk/index.html
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

I trust these guarantee insomnia-free nights, have a built-in alarm
clock and make coffee?
The pair I bought to replace my antiques were made of genuine,
guaranteed synthetic fibre, they are supremely comfy, and set me back
the princely sum of ?14 for the pair. At that price, I don't mind
keeping my old alarm clock and brewing me own java.

Ah, but can you compost them?

:-)

Old 29-09-2006, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Uncle Marvo wrote:
, I, Marvo, say :

Sacha wrote:
These people have standard size HGD pillows for £36.00 each.
http://www.duvetandpillowwarehouse.co.uk/index.html
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

I trust these guarantee insomnia-free nights, have a built-in alarm
clock and make coffee?
The pair I bought to replace my antiques were made of genuine,
guaranteed synthetic fibre, they are supremely comfy, and set me back
the princely sum of ?14 for the pair. At that price, I don't mind
keeping my old alarm clock and brewing me own java.

Ah, but can you compost them?

:-)`

Hm. You have me there.

Cat(h)

Old 29-09-2006, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
These people have standard size HGD pillows for £36.00 each.
http://www.duvetandpillowwarehouse.co.uk/index.html
--
Sacha

In message .com,
"Cat(h)" writes

I trust these guarantee insomnia-free nights, have a built-in alarm
clock and make coffee?

Cat(h)

I'll vouch for the first and maybe the second (after a good night's
sleep, who needs an alarm clock?). Not quite so sure about the third.

But I suppose I'll have to squawk at them in my best Hungarian to make
sure they are the genuine article!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Old 29-09-2006, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29/9/06 13:44, in article
, "Cat(h)"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
These people have standard size HGD pillows for £36.00 each.
http://www.duvetandpillowwarehouse.co.uk/index.html
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

I trust these guarantee insomnia-free nights, have a built-in alarm
clock and make coffee?
The pair I bought to replace my antiques were made of genuine,
guaranteed synthetic fibre, they are supremely comfy, and set me back
the princely sum of €14 for the pair. At that price, I don't mind
keeping my old alarm clock and brewing me own java.

My excuse is that I have a considerable problem with the vertebrae in my
neck and that yes, I am sometimes insomniac. In fact, recently I've taken
to sleeping with a small lavender pillow beside me and it seems to make a
difference. But the price I quoted above is less than some other places.

Old 29-09-2006, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:
On 29/9/06 13:44, in article
, "Cat(h)"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:
These people have standard size HGD pillows for £36.00 each.
http://www.duvetandpillowwarehouse.co.uk/index.html
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

I trust these guarantee insomnia-free nights, have a built-in alarm
clock and make coffee?
The pair I bought to replace my antiques were made of genuine,
guaranteed synthetic fibre, they are supremely comfy, and set me back
the princely sum of €14 for the pair. At that price, I don't mind
keeping my old alarm clock and brewing me own java.

My excuse is that I have a considerable problem with the vertebrae in my
neck and that yes, I am sometimes insomniac.

I was joking: excuses are not required :-)

In fact, recently I've taken
to sleeping with a small lavender pillow beside me and it seems to make a
difference. But the price I quoted above is less than some other places.

I am very blessed to fall comfortably asleep as soon as I hit the
pillow, and to sleep like a log as a matter of course. Plus I tend to
use the pillows to prop myself up to read in bed, and often sleep
totally flat - so don't mind me.
Ever tried that space technology stuff, which takes the shape of your
body - I think it's called Tempur, or something?

Cat(h)

Old 29-09-2006, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article .com,
"Cat(h)" writes

Ever tried that space technology stuff, which takes the shape of your
body - I think it's called Tempur, or something?

Yep - We've had a memory foam mattress for about three years now - its
fantastic. Personally, I wouldn't want to go back to a trad mattress.
We also have memory foam pillows - which are a strange contoured shape
to fit the countours of your neck and head.

However, I wouldn't pay Tempur prices - apart from trading on their
name, I think they build in cost for a 20 year guarantee into the
prices. I got mine through a guy that buys them direct from a mem foam
factory in Yorkshire (the factory sells them for the same price) - and I
think it was around £5-600 for a super king sized bed. (I think the
trempur ones are well over a grand).

Our daughter is hassling for one now - she keeps trying to stay in our
bed. And at 14, that's not natural

--
regards andyw
Old 29-09-2006, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article . com,
"Cat(h)" writes:

| Only in the sense of lying briefly on a friend's bed. She has awful back
| trouble and has had a couple of operations. She's also blessed with a lot
| of the green folding stuff (or whatever colour it is now!)
|
| OK. I've scratched my head long enough. What is the "green folding
| stuff"?

A.k.a. "lettuce", "moola" etc. :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-09-2006, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article . com,
"Cat(h)" writes:

| Only in the sense of lying briefly on a friend's bed. She has awful back
| trouble and has had a couple of operations. She's also blessed with a lot
| of the green folding stuff (or whatever colour it is now!)
|
| OK. I've scratched my head long enough. What is the "green folding
| stuff"?

A.k.a. "lettuce", "moola" etc. :-)

Ooohhh! *That* stuff! I didn't know the one you lot so keenly hung on
to was of that shade?

Cat(h)

Old 30-09-2006, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes
These people have standard size HGD pillows for £36.00 each.
http://www.duvetandpillowwarehouse.co.uk/index.html

Which is the firmest pillow filling? We just hate soft pillows and
prefer a lot more support, so does HGD produce a very soft or very
supportive pillow filling?

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 30-09-2006, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

My excuse is that I have a considerable problem with the vertebrae in my
neck

Have you tried those Temur (sp?) pillows but UNDER another pillow? I
know the makers will tssk tssk at that but I have found it better than
sleeping on one on its own, it's just too low for comfort and Tom hates
them as well. However under a good quality feather pillow it gives that
extra boost to support.

Goodness this newsgroup is becoming extraordinarily 'self-help' here
Next thing people will be able to tell me whether the Tassimo or Senseo
coffee makers are any good