GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Easy care pets? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150024-easy-care-pets.html)

Charlie Pridham 01-10-2006 11:52 AM

Easy care pets?

Although not obvious from a picture but these wisteria seed are wonderfully
soft and furry and since mid summer have been stroked and fondled by all who
have seen them! http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk/climb...steriaseed.jpg
Massive crop this year (although we always get some) is it the same all
over?

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Mike 01-10-2006 01:05 PM

Easy care pets?

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Although not obvious from a picture but these wisteria seed are
wonderfully
soft and furry and since mid summer have been stroked and fondled by all
who
have seen them! http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk/climb...steriaseed.jpg
Massive crop this year (although we always get some) is it the same all
over?

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

:-((

I'm soft and furry, but haven't been stroked and fondled ;-((

Mike

K 01-10-2006 01:18 PM

Easy care pets?

Charlie Pridham writes
Although not obvious from a picture but these wisteria seed are wonderfully
soft and furry and since mid summer have been stroked and fondled by all who
have seen them! http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk/climb...steriaseed.jpg
Massive crop this year (although we always get some) is it the same all
over?

We've got quite a few, but they're brown and hard and un-cuddly.
Different species, I presume.
And is it normal for them to flower a second time in autumn?
--
Kay

Charlie Pridham 01-10-2006 03:09 PM

Easy care pets?

"K" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham writes
Although not obvious from a picture but these wisteria seed are

wonderfully
soft and furry and since mid summer have been stroked and fondled by all

who
have seen them! http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk/climb...steriaseed.jpg
Massive crop this year (although we always get some) is it the same all
over?

We've got quite a few, but they're brown and hard and un-cuddly.
Different species, I presume.
And is it normal for them to flower a second time in autumn?
--
Kay

You nearly always get a few flowers later, W. sinensis does it more than W.
floribunda (which is what I have) The pods will be brown and hard by next
spring and will drop next summer unless I have removed them by then.

K 01-10-2006 04:50 PM

Easy care pets?

K writes
Charlie Pridham writes
Although not obvious from a picture but these wisteria seed are wonderfully
soft and furry and since mid summer have been stroked and fondled by all who
have seen them! http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk/climb...steriaseed.jpg
Massive crop this year (although we always get some) is it the same all
over?

We've got quite a few, but they're brown and hard and un-cuddly.

Just gone and looked at the,. They're green, they look hard, but are
softly hairy when you stroke them. But they don't look as obviously
cuddly as yours.

--
Kay