GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Compost Heap Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150147-compost-heap-question.html)

Martin[_1_] 07-10-2006 09:55 PM

Compost Heap Question

I was asked by a relative to place compost from their heap around her roses,
rhododendrons etc.

This lady has now passed away and I wouldlike to carry out her instructions.

However I know the compost heap only contained food stuff,peelings, rhubarb
leaves,grass clippings. No paper,cardboard etc.

It looks OK though,would it be ok to use around the plants ? The heap has
got to be cleared.

Thanks.

Martin

Bob Hobden 07-10-2006 10:46 PM

Compost Heap Question

"Martin" wrote...
I was asked by a relative to place compost from their heap around her
roses,
rhododendrons etc.

This lady has now passed away and I wouldlike to carry out her
instructions.

However I know the compost heap only contained food stuff,peelings,
rhubarb
leaves,grass clippings. No paper,cardboard etc.

It looks OK though,would it be ok to use around the plants ? The heap has
got to be cleared.

I don't see why not, I only rarely put shredded paper in my compost bins,
never any cardboard, it's usually made with only "green" stuff (cuttings,
weeds, grass cuttings, finished plants etc.) .

--
Regards
Bob H