GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   The "Gardener's Car" very OT at present (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150217-gardeners-car-very-ot-present.html)

Mike 10-10-2006 05:41 PM

The "Gardener's Car" very OT at present

So, what is 'the' car for the 'Gardener' or 'Nursery Person'?

When we had a large garden, we had a large vehicle because we had a Cabin
Cruiser to tow.
When I lived with my daughter in the Staffordshire Moorlands I had a Subaru
Legacy Estate
I now cruise the country in a BMW and fetch stuff from the garden centre in
that :-(( Seriously thinking of getting a van for that though
My Daughter and Son in Law have a VERY large garden and use a Mitsubishi
Shogun for the general running around, fetching and carrying, but use the
Rolls or Jag for sedate motoring, or the MX5 for fun :-))

So, what do you use for motoring as 'a gardener'?

Might be an idea to state your acreage here in order that we are not putting
people down and making them feel inferior.

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Mike 10-10-2006 05:49 PM

Very ON TOPIC of course :-))

"Mike" wrote in message
So, what is 'the' car for the 'Gardener' or 'Nursery Person'?

This is of course ON TOPIC as one of the 'owners' has decreed that
gardener's motoring is a newsgroup topic :-))))))

Mike

Mary Fisher 10-10-2006 06:10 PM

"Mike" wrote in message

So, what do you use for motoring as 'a gardener'?

A JCB

Mike 10-10-2006 06:26 PM

The "Gardener's Car" very OT at present

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Mike" wrote in message

So, what do you use for motoring as 'a gardener'?

A JCB

Did you know that a JCB holds the Land Speed Record?

:-))

Mike

Mary Fisher 10-10-2006 07:27 PM

"Mike" wrote in message

Did you know that a JCB holds the Land Speed Record?

Who do you think was driving it!

Mike 10-10-2006 10:37 PM

"Mike" wrote in message

Did you know that a JCB holds the Land Speed Record?

Who do you think was driving it!

Wing Cdr Andy Green RAF
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/5273540.stm

Mike

Farm1 10-10-2006 11:30 PM

"Mike" wrote in message

So, what is 'the' car for the 'Gardener' or 'Nursery Person'?

Might be an idea to state your acreage here in order that we are not

putting
people down and making them feel inferior.

I drive a twincab ute. Don't know the UK term, but it can seat 4
people, or more to the point, me at the wheel and 3 dogs in the back
passenger seat and has a tub back for the plants or manure or rubbish
for the tip. We have 2 farms so I also sometimes let him use it for
stock feed.

La Puce 11-10-2006 10:41 AM

The "Gardener's Car" very OT at present

Anne Jackson wrote:
We refer to them as 'crew cabs' in the UK....at least, I do! G

Dreamt of having one VW like this years ago. Now I'm saving for a
TucTuc. Nearly there. My friend Shruti has found me the real thing in
her home town - I want it to run by compressed gas and the one I found
in the UK are Rickshaw and not really the tuctuc I want. I saw a
business in Brighton running around 20 of them, and they're fabulous.
It would be perfect for my two kids, or my two dogs at the back, my
tools and workshop gear, shopping, to buzz around Manchester :o))

[email protected] 11-10-2006 10:58 AM

Mike wrote:

So, what do you use for motoring as 'a gardener'?

Might be an idea to state your acreage here in order that we are not putting
people down and making them feel inferior.

Mike

I get Harrods to deliver all my gardening things but I don't know what
in as the deliveries go the the back of the gardeners residence.

Mary Fisher 11-10-2006 11:34 AM

"Mike" wrote in message

Did you know that a JCB holds the Land Speed Record?

Who do you think was driving it!

Wing Cdr Andy Green RAF
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/5273540.stm

I'm a master of disguise!

Mary Fisher 11-10-2006 11:36 AM

The "Gardener's Car" very OT at present

wrote in message
ups.com...

Mike wrote:

So, what do you use for motoring as 'a gardener'?

Might be an idea to state your acreage here in order that we are not
putting
people down and making them feel inferior.

Mike

I get Harrods to deliver all my gardening things but I don't know what
in as the deliveries go the the back of the gardeners residence.

I thought it would be vulgar to mention the Harrods deliveries ...

Mary

[email protected] 11-10-2006 12:27 PM

On 11 Oct 2006 02:58:22 -0700, wrote:

Mike wrote:

So, what do you use for motoring as 'a gardener'?

Might be an idea to state your acreage here in order that we are not putting
people down and making them feel inferior.

Mike

I get Harrods to deliver all my gardening things but I don't know what
in as the deliveries go the the back of the gardeners residence.

Ask your gardeners then.

Demi

Broadback 11-10-2006 03:38 PM

The "Gardener's Car" very OT at present

wrote:
On 11 Oct 2006 02:58:22 -0700,
wrote:

Mike wrote:

So, what do you use for motoring as 'a gardener'?

Might be an idea to state your acreage here in order that we are not putting
people down and making them feel inferior.

Mike

I get Harrods to deliver all my gardening things but I don't know what
in as the deliveries go the the back of the gardeners residence.

Ask your gardeners then.

Demi

A VW Polo with a trailer, keeps the car clean and is economical. One
very recent disadvantage local councils are now banning trailers to
their "amenities" centres. Fly tipping, here it come! Daft rules.

Alan Holmes 11-10-2006 05:29 PM

The "Gardener's Car" very OT at present

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

wrote in message
ups.com...

Mike wrote:

So, what do you use for motoring as 'a gardener'?

Might be an idea to state your acreage here in order that we are not
putting
people down and making them feel inferior.

Mike

I get Harrods to deliver all my gardening things but I don't know what
in as the deliveries go the the back of the gardeners residence.

I thought it would be vulgar to mention the Harrods deliveries ...

It is, but we don't make a fuss about it!(:-)

Alan

Mary

Mary Fisher 11-10-2006 05:33 PM

The "Gardener's Car" very OT at present

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 11/10/06 17:29, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

wrote in message
ups.com...

Mike wrote:

So, what do you use for motoring as 'a gardener'?

Might be an idea to state your acreage here in order that we are not
putting
people down and making them feel inferior.

Mike

I get Harrods to deliver all my gardening things but I don't know what
in as the deliveries go the the back of the gardeners residence.

I thought it would be vulgar to mention the Harrods deliveries ...

It is, but we don't make a fuss about it!(:-)

Alan

Let's discuss Fortnum's instead. Those marzipan fruits of
theirs............yum!

They are very beautiful but my cook makes ours, using almonds from our
orchard and honey from the apiary.

Mary