GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   swallows are back (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/15032-swallows-back.html)

Kate Morgan 15-04-2003 02:57 PM

swallows are back

The swallows are back in Sth/Glos.:-)))

Mary Fisher 15-04-2003 06:32 PM

swallows are back

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
The swallows are back in Sth/Glos.:-)))

They've been building nests in the Archers for a coupled of weeks!

Mary

Alison 15-04-2003 09:56 PM

swallows are back

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Yes I saw ours for the first time this year today (East Scotland) - last
year they didn't arrive until 25 April (same in 2001) so that's a good bit
earlier! Any truth in the folklore that the earlier they arrive the better
the summer will be???

--A

Charlie Pridham 19-04-2003 08:20 AM

swallows are back

"Alison" o.uk wrote in
message ...

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

Yes I saw ours for the first time this year today (East Scotland) - last
year they didn't arrive until 25 April (same in 2001) so that's a good bit
earlier! Any truth in the folklore that the earlier they arrive the

better
the summer will be???

--A

No idea! ours nearly allways arrive on the 14th, this year was no exception,
but only one or two, then they seem to dissapear for a couple of weeks
before returning and starting to inspect the barn for nest sites. :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk