Old 18-10-2006, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Raspberries

Alistair Macdonald wrote:
Thanks for the dozen or so answers to my query. A summary would suggest
that -
1. I pruned at the wrong time (September)
2. The new "Spring" growth should be left until January/February then
pruned.
3. In future do not prune until Jan/Feb
Alistair

I'm glad you managed to extract the useful posts from all the noise in
this thread! Glad to see gardening can struggle thu' :-)

Old 18-10-2006, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Jim Jackson wrote:
I'm glad you managed to extract the useful posts from all the noise in
this thread! Glad to see gardening can struggle thu' :-)

Poor chap. It's ambarassing. But Allistair has posted the same question
to england.rec.gardening and uk.local.east-anglia and here. I'm certain
he has had some very good replies .... ;o)

Old 18-10-2006, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

"Cat(h)" writes

Judith Lea wrote:
I woke up this morning and realised they you have hurt my reputation in
urg

Actually, she hasn't. Even those of us who don't say much in extremely
unedifying garden fighting threads have eyes in our heads and are able
to read and decide who is being reasonable and who is not.

Agreed. A reputation cannot be destroyed that easily. Judith and Sacha
have done enough in this group for it to take more than attacks from one
individual to shake the reputation built up over years.

I haven't taken part in any of this because I believe that those who
seek to inject nastiness into urg do so deliberately. My observation is
that any response encourages them rather than deters them, as well as
encouraging those mischievous people on the sidelines who deliberately
stir and then wring their hands over the 'aggression' and 'bitchiness'.

My reaction has been simply to KF those whose postings I find offensive,
since otherwise I would not be able to resist replying (which I do very
badly) and simply offer the attention and encouragement that the trouble
makers are seeking.

I find it very sad that this affair has lost me three people who I once
considered to be friends.

--
Kay
Old 19-10-2006, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 18, 6:25 pm, Nemo wrote:
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:53:26 +0100, Sacha wrote:
Instead of whining on and on about how you hate 'this
bitchery', how about telling your new best friend to shut her manky mouth
and accept that she has no god-given right to post bad gardening information
and then swear and threaten and stalk those who do not allow her to get away
with it. *That* might be of some use to everyone.
You claim to have visited that woman's house when her husband was absent -
strange behaviour for strangers who met on the Internet; she has driven out
of her way simply to be photographed at my husband's businessAnd if you hadn't spent years spamming this group and advertising your

business in every single posting, she wouldn't have known where to
find you, would she? If your constant spamming adverts do not
constitute open invitations to all and sundry to visit, look, eat and
buy, what the hell are they for?

Nemo

Sacha is doing nothing that is against the charter of the newsgroup, it
says that you can put your web site etc in a sig file, and that is what
she does.

Mike (not the one in the navy)

Old 19-10-2006, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 19 Oct 2006 08:01:36 -0700, "Mike in Spain"
wrote:

On Oct 18, 6:25 pm, Nemo wrote:
[...]

It's unsolicited advertising however you wrap it up
It's designed to generate income.
It may be a web site of sorts but it's an advert, unsolicited.

Did she write the charter herself to accommodate herself?

Nemo

Old 19-10-2006, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Nemo writes
wrote:

Sacha is doing nothing that is against the charter of the newsgroup, it
says that you can put your web site etc in a sig file, and that is what
she does.

Mike (not the one in the navy)

It's unsolicited advertising however you wrap it up
It's designed to generate income.
It may be a web site of sorts but it's an advert, unsolicited.

Did she write the charter herself to accommodate herself?

The charter was in existence long before Sacha joined the group.
--
Kay
Old 21-10-2006, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message

... but she is young and very pretty :-)

And of course that is all that matters, isn't it?

When you get to my age, yes!(:-)

Alan

--
Kay

Old 21-10-2006, 08:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"La Puce" wrote in message

I do look younger, always did
- at 20 I couldn't get a pint in the pub!!

I can beat that. I was asked for ID in a pub at 27 years old before
they'd serve me.

When I was about 50 I went to one of those garden places, offered a note to
pay for entry and I was given an OAPs ticket!(:-(

Alan

Old 22-10-2006, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:
....... I usually prune my autumn rasps
in January. They seem to do well on this regime.

I agree with Jim. My Autumn raspberries are still fruiting and will
till we get a frost. I also cut mine back Jan or Feb, almost to the
ground and give a good mulch.

I want to 'relocate' some of mine, when is the best time to do that?

Same time, Dec - Feb.

cheers
Jim

Old 22-10-2006, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jim Jackson" wrote in message
Alan Holmes wrote:
....... I usually prune my autumn rasps
in January. They seem to do well on this regime.

I agree with Jim. My Autumn raspberries are still fruiting and will
till we get a frost. I also cut mine back Jan or Feb, almost to the
ground and give a good mulch.

I want to 'relocate' some of mine, when is the best time to do that?

Mine do it for themselves.

Mary

Old 26-10-2006, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:56:23 +0100, Sacha wrote:

I woke up this morning and realised they you have hurt my reputation in
urg as I cannot prove what an awful person you are - so I will leave
urglers to decide who is the liar. I am unsubscribing from urg with a
very sore heart. Well done Helene.

In that case, so am I. And to the rest of those here, I'd like to tell you
that you will now have the newsgroup that you deserve because you have
failed to protect it and its targeted members from the lies and filth you
have allowed,

Well, having watched developments over the last 8 days, I have to
conclude that the newsgroup has reverted to a quiet, relatively
civilised, useful resource and the forecasts of doom have not
materialised now that the owners and the rest of the coven seem to
have moved out, hopefully permanently.

D.Mentor.

Old 26-10-2006, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Dementor writes
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:56:23 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Well, having watched developments over the last 8 days, I have to
conclude that the newsgroup has reverted to a quiet, relatively
civilised, useful resource and the forecasts of doom have not
materialised now that the owners and the rest of the coven seem to
have moved out, hopefully permanently.

You may be feeling smug, but the rest of us have lost a good proportion
of the urg expertise on trees and shrubs and the largest part of the
expertise on tropicals.
--
Kay
Old 26-10-2006, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:48:44 +0100, K wrote:

Dementor writes
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:56:23 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Well, having watched developments over the last 8 days, I have to
conclude that the newsgroup has reverted to a quiet, relatively
civilised, useful resource and the forecasts of doom have not
materialised now that the owners and the rest of the coven seem to
have moved out, hopefully permanently.

You may be feeling smug, but the rest of us have lost a good proportion
of the urg expertise on trees and shrubs and the largest part of the
expertise on tropicals.

I don't do smug. I merely note objectively that this is a better,
calmer and more friendly place since it was vacated by the
self-serving and self-elected 'leaders'. They have no monopoly on
expertise in the subjects you mention and the slight hiatus you
deplore will be transient. The atmosphere will now surely be more
attractive to other, more congenial contributors, unencumbered by the
burden of elitism combined with the heavy load of shoulder-chips and
domination fixation.

De Mentore

Yields of raspberries and blueberries WCD Edible Gardening 0 14-05-2003 07:44 PM
Asparagus and raspberries..will they coexist? Scott Edible Gardening 1 13-05-2003 12:56 PM
Blueberries and Raspberries Bob Lawns 0 27-04-2003 01:44 PM
Thorn-free raspberries? Minteeleaf Edible Gardening 2 14-02-2003 04:27 PM
How do I grow raspberries and blueberries? lcain Edible Gardening 5 11-02-2003 04:25 AM