GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to completely remove Buddelia davidii? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150431-how-completely-remove-buddelia-davidii.html)

Keith \(Dorset\)[_1_] 18-10-2006 12:28 PM

How to completely remove Buddelia davidii?

Hi,

We need to completely remove several Buddleia davidii bushes. These are
about ten years old, have been annually cut back, including just now - i.e.
prior to pending destruction.

Do I need to dig all the roots up, or is there an easier way to kill them
with out polluting the soil or unduly disturbing adjacent shrubs?

We aim to recondition the soil and replant there immediately afterwards if
possible.

Thanks,

Keith

Robert[_2_] 18-10-2006 03:47 PM

How to completely remove Buddelia davidii?

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
: We need to completely remove several Buddleia davidii bushes. These are
: about ten years old, have been annually cut back, including just now -
i.e.
: prior to pending destruction.
:
: Do I need to dig all the roots up, or is there an easier way to kill them
: with out polluting the soil or unduly disturbing adjacent shrubs?
:
: We aim to recondition the soil and replant there immediately afterwards if
: possible.
:
: Thanks,
:
: Keith
:
Just get out the main stem, as far as I know they do not re-grow from bits
of root; at least they never have for me