Old 19-10-2006, 09:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A great loss to urg

"Dementor" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:55:07 +0100, "Brian Watson"
wrote:

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already read this.

They're pouring over every post and every nuance in every post and
ready to pounce. The ruling classes don't take kindly to the rise of
the unwashed, you know. This may be a news group to you, but to some
it's a case of inherited feudal rights not to be lightly given up. You
would not like to be on the domestic staffs of certain Houses this
bleak night with the dark Mistresses prowling and plotting in the dank
corridors.

--
Dementor

"The Ruling Classes", she wishes :-(((

I think the expression is 'Delusions of Grandeur'

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 19-10-2006, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
Alan Holmes writes

"Mike" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

How the hell can I killfile this idiot, I can't just put stop Mike, cos
there is another Mike who contributes to nesgroups, who seems to be more
sensible.

Your software will sort that out. For example, hitting 'kill' in turnpike
gives the choice of killing author, subject or thread, and if you choose
author, it will kill that specific poster from that specific address. In
other words, I could kill you, but still see posts from other Alans.
Downside is that if you were to start posting from a different address,
I'd have to kill you all over again.

Please, please, please don't kill me, I promise to be good in the
future!(:-)

Alan

--
Kay

Old 19-10-2006, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote in message

WRONG

How the hell can I killfile this idiot, I can't just put stop Mike,

cos
there is another Mike who contributes to nesgroups, who seems to be

more
sensible.

I've just plonked the moron. The way I did it was lazy and easy was
which is to go to "Messages" at the top of the screen and to then hit
"block sender". I'll see no more crap from him BUT, if there is
another poster who uses the name " then I also
won't see any posts from them either. If I wanted to block only the
nasty Naval Mike then I'd have to go into my proper kill file and
enter more info.

That is the problem as I see it, I can't see how it is possible to block one
'Mike' and let the others through!(:-(

Alan

Old 19-10-2006, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

I am extremely sorry to read in the raspberries thread that two of

its
most longterm contributors, Judith Lea and Sacha Hubbard have left

urg
because they are no longer prepared to tolerate the appalling level
of
lies, abuse, and threats made against them.

Those who stood by and said nothing should be ashamed, particularly
those who counted both as friends in real life, or have been the
recipients of their legendary generosity with plants, time and
hospitality.

Janet

Anyone who posts on Newsgroups for any length of time, should learn
how to set up a kill-file, without necessarily announcing it to the
world.

Attention seekers such as Puce are not going to be made to go away,
simply by virtue of all the regulars simply queuing up and telling
them how obnoxious they are. In fact precisely the opposite. They
know that already, and are being obnoxious on purpose. And they will

stoop
to any depths to get a reaction of some kind. The more reaction they
can get, the happier they will be. People like Puce, latch on to people
who are easily wound-up and stick to them like limpets. So long as they
can get a response of any kind.

The only answer to such people is simply to ignore them. And the
only way to be sure of ignoring them, and avoiding the temptation to
have just one more read and get upset all over again, is simply to
killfile them behind their backs.

But, as I've said in another post, how can you killfile someone
who uses the same name as someone else?

Alan

It appears you're posting using Outlook Express.

In the main Oulook Express Window, in the right hand pane click on
any post by the person you want to killfile - open it first to be
sure it's the correct person - although Mike Lyle always shows as
Mike Lyle in any case. Unlike the other character who you want to
kill file.

Then in the menus along the top select [ Message ]

Then in the drop down menu select [ block sender ]

That's it. Job done.

I'l try that, but I'm not convinced it will not block other Mike's.

Alan

Old 20-10-2006, 12:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"FairySnow" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
"FairySnow" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
"michael adams" wrote in message

All these people who've signalled their intention to leave have
no doubt got plenty of friends on this NewsGroup, who will be happy
to email them I'm sure, once this present pestilence is past.

michael adams

Which they should have done a long time ago with their personal and
private kissy kissy messages instead of using this newsgroup as 'their'
message board and discuss property ownership overseas and visiting each
other as a couple of examples along with the continual advert 'for my
husband's Garden Centre' and lush Cream Teas. There was even a plug for
the Tea Room and the books therein a couple of days ago :-((

Mike

--
.................................................. ........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

And what about your advertisements for your 'shipmates' in every post,
and your boasts about you son in law's Rolls?
This is the first time I have EVER sent a rude message on the internet,
but I am using it to say that you are a nasty, spiteful little man. You
have never contributed anything about gardening, you just use this group
to be rude to people.

"FairySnow"

A nice new poster :-))

I wonder who you are, popping up in a 'new' disguise????

Hubbard come back already?

:-))

Mike

--
.................................................. ........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

I have been reading this group for six months and I have learned a lot
from
Sacha and Judith. I have learned nothing at all from you except how rude
and
spiteful you are. If you know anything about gardening you certainly
haven't
shown it or helped anyone. You accused Sacha of advertising and showing
off,
but that is exactly what you do with every post and you failed to deny it
because you can't.
I will look at this group again in a few weeks to see if it has improved,
but until then you will not hear from me again. You really are a nasty,
nasty piece of work. I expect you are cruel to animals too.

Please, please, please, ignore him, do not rise to the bait, that is what
he, and other enjoy, that people respond to them.

Alan

Old 20-10-2006, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

The leaving of both Sacha (with Ray in the background too) and Judith
will be a great loss to URG and internet gardening in general, and now
Dave Poole intimates he is going too. How many more experienced and
knowledgeable gardeners are to be driven out, sad day, very sad day.

Well, as a very wise man once said to me, on his resignation, "Mary, the
graveyards are full of indispensable people ... "

That is true, but both of these people have made valuable contributions to
this group, and it is a great pity they have been driven out by an ignorant
few.

Alan

Mary

Old 20-10-2006, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message
"Mike" wrote in message

Which is what Hubbard always wanted, a newsgroup 'of her own'. She

felt that
as she had been here from the year 'dot' and had lessons from Adam,

THIS was
her newsgroup.

You really are a most nasty piece of work. A vinegar mouthed, one
eyed, oxygen thief.

Just ignore him!

Alan

Old 20-10-2006, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Anne Jackson" wrote
Well, I hope Sacha and Judith reconsider. I'm sure they're made of
sterner
stuff; at least I would hope they are!
AnneJ

Seconded :~)

Thirded.

Alan

Jenny

Old 20-10-2006, 12:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Brian Watson" wrote in message

I have NEVER known anyone say they are leaving a newsgroup and then not
return.

I have done :-)

how did you manage that?

Alan

Mary

Old 20-10-2006, 12:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Well, I hope Sacha and Judith reconsider. I'm sure they're made of
sterner
stuff; at least I would hope they are!
AnneJ

Seconded :~)
Jenny

Ditto.

Trust me on this one. They'll be back.

I have NEVER known anyone say they are leaving a newsgroup and then not
return.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already read this.

They're pouring over every post and every nuance in every post and
ready to pounce. The ruling classes don't take kindly to the rise of
the unwashed, you know. This may be a news group to you, but to some
it's a case of inherited feudal rights not to be lightly given up. You
would not like to be on the domestic staffs of certain Houses this
bleak night with the dark Mistresses prowling and plotting in the dank
corridors.

And your point is!

Alan

--
Dementor

You are not alone

Old 20-10-2006, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Anne Jackson
writes

Well, I hope Sacha and Judith reconsider. I'm sure they're made of
sterner
stuff; at least I would hope they are!

As they appear to have been swapping emails with each other and other
posters saying things about me behind my back, I really couldn't care
less whether they return or not.

Yes, people should be very careful in this as well as in real life.

On sharing secrets: Thy friend has a friend, thy friend's friend has a
friend ...

What's a 'friend'?

Alan

Mary
--
June Hughes

Old 20-10-2006, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

I only wish that people wouldn't quote the rubbish which that particular
'waste of space' writes, then I wouldn't ever have to read it! 8-(

Hear, hear!

Alan

--
AnneJ
(If you don't like it, you can Foscar Oxtrot)

Old 20-10-2006, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Please, please, please, ignore him, do not rise to the bait, that is what
he, and other enjoy, that people respond to them.

now now alan - play by your own rules. you have made 12 posts in the last
half hour. 9 posts are prolonging these pathetic threads.

there, now you've done it!! now I am adding to it again!

Old 20-10-2006, 12:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike" wrote in message

[...]

Nasty Naval Mike uses the adress . Nice Mike uses
the adress . See the difference? So you if
do what I said to the first adress you'll only kill Nasty Naval Mike
and not Nice Mike.

Old 20-10-2006, 07:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , Brian Watson
writes

Trust me on this one. They'll be back.

I have NEVER known anyone say they are leaving a newsgroup and then not
return.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already read this.

Sacha is back already.

One down, one to go...

:-)

--