GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can I use dry Bordeaux compond on my seeds as a fungicide ??? or suphur ?? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150465-can-i-use-dry-bordeaux-compond-my-seeds-fungicide-suphur.html)

BigSteve 20-10-2006 01:57 PM

Can I use dry Bordeaux compond on my seeds as a fungicide ??? or suphur ??

John McMillan 20-10-2006 03:21 PM

Can I use dry Bordeaux compond on my seeds as a fungicide ??? or suphur ??

In article ,
BigSteve wrote:

You can. Cheshunt compound too.
But do you have problems with seedlings damping off?
What exactly are you growing? and what is your current
recipe?

BigSteve 21-10-2006 03:48 PM

Can I use dry Bordeaux compond on my seeds as a fungicide ??? or suphur ??

In cold storing seeds in damp compost/verm../moss etc. I always end up
with molds growing on them and then rotting off.

Apart from regulating the amount of dampness, I thought I would have a
go with a fungicide this year.

John McMillan 24-10-2006 05:17 PM

BigSteve wrote:

In cold storing seeds in damp compost/verm../moss etc. I always end up
with molds growing on them and then rotting off.

Apart from regulating the amount of dampness, I thought I would have a
go with a fungicide this year.

Most seeds will withstand dry storage - and this is how most
seeds are handled and distributed. Thee are some species which
will not withstand dry storage. Hellebores and corydalis are the
only ones I've tried. These are termed ephemeral seeds and are
usually sown fresh. What genus are you looking at that require
wet storage?