Old 20-10-2006, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New RHS Wisley greenhouse

We spent this afternoon doing a guided tour I had managed to arrange of the
new Wisley multi million pound greenhouse. It's bigger inside than it looks
from the outside, huge, it looks on a par with Kew's biggest, and is going
to be another Eden (although they don't like the comparison). The Tropical
and Temperate sections are separated by a huge man made stone wall from
which will drop a waterfall, inside the wall is a large space for
exhibitions etc. Some of the large plants arrive next week.

Going to be worth a visit idc. when it's up and running (and matured a bit).

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 21-10-2006, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
We spent this afternoon doing a guided tour I had managed to arrange
of the new Wisley multi million pound greenhouse. It's bigger inside
than it looks from the outside, huge, it looks on a par with Kew's
biggest, and is going to be another Eden (although they don't like the
comparison). The Tropical and Temperate sections are separated by a
huge man made stone wall from which will drop a waterfall, inside the
wall is a large space for exhibitions etc. Some of the large plants
arrive next week.

Going to be worth a visit idc. when it's up and running (and matured a
bit).

I've never been to Wisley (oh the deprivation!) so it's one I look
forward to. Pictures of the new glasshouse structure look wonderful.

--
Sue

Old 21-10-2006, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
We spent this afternoon doing a guided tour I had managed to arrange
of the new Wisley multi million pound greenhouse. It's bigger inside
than it looks from the outside, huge, it looks on a par with Kew's
biggest, and is going to be another Eden (although they don't like the
comparison). The Tropical and Temperate sections are separated by a
huge man made stone wall from which will drop a waterfall, inside the
wall is a large space for exhibitions etc. Some of the large plants
arrive next week.

Going to be worth a visit idc. when it's up and running (and matured a
bit).

I've never been to Wisley (oh the deprivation!) so it's one I look
forward to. Pictures of the new glasshouse structure look wonderful.
Sue

My 2nd hand claim to fame is that my 2nd cousin came over to Holland to look
at GH's here as he's on the committee that chose the final design :~)))))
http://www.rhs.org.uk/about/helpus/glasshouse/index.asp
Jenny

Old 21-10-2006, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Martin wrote:
On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:51:35 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

[...]
http://www.rhs.org.uk/about/helpus/glasshouse/index.asp

Alan Titchmarsh MBE VMH!

OT, and merely as a matter of mild interest, is the VMH one of those
distinctions one is customarily allowed to put after one's name? I'd
rather guess not, though it's clearly a vastly greater distinction than
an MBE.

--
Mike.