GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pear tree in blossom end october (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150534-pear-tree-blossom-end-october.html)

jay jay 23-10-2006 08:24 PM

pear tree in blossom end october

hello - I'm relatively new to gardening so not sure if this is very unusual (the pear tree that is) , but one of my two pear trees (three years old) has come into full blossom within the last week. Should I leave it well alone, or remove the flowers? This year it produced its first crop of fruit but did lose all its leaves about six weeks ago.

jay jay

Bob Hobden 23-10-2006 11:06 PM

pear tree in blossom end october

"jay jay" wrote

hello - I'm relatively new to gardening so not sure if this is very
unusual (the pear tree that is) , but one of my two pear trees (three
years old) has come into full blossom within the last week. Should I
leave it well alone, or remove the flowers? This year it produced its
first crop of fruit but did lose all its leaves about six weeks ago.

The frost will do that for you. Lots of strange happenings this season,
plants completely out of season, lets hope next year will see them settle
back to normal.

--
Regards
Bob H