GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rose, Dotmundia? (phonetic spelling.) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150694-re-rose-dotmundia-phonetic-spelling.html)

Rod[_1_] 31-10-2006 06:13 PM

Rose, Dotmundia? (phonetic spelling.)

"Rupert" wrote in message
I live just outside Glasgow.
I am looking for a ?rambling rose (red) called Dotmundai
I am told it is an old fashioned variety.
This is what it sounded like. It may well not be the correct
spelling.
It has deep red petals, it has clusters of heads, it looks just what
need to grow up and over a wall.
Any one here know where I can find a supplier. (Or give me the
proper
spelling)

Not that old, probably 'Dortmund' a 'Kordesii' climber bred by
Willhelm Kordes in the 1960s iirc.

--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp