GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   lifting begonia tubers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150720-lifting-begonia-tubers.html)

Granity 02-11-2006 09:36 AM

lifting begonia tubers

At what point should one lift and dry out the tubers i.e. before or after the frost hits the plant?

Or as they're in a container can they just be moved into the greenhouse and left to dry out in in the container?

Bob Hobden 02-11-2006 06:48 PM

lifting begonia tubers

"Granity" wrote

At what point should one lift and dry out the tubers i.e. before or
after the frost hits the plant?

Or as they're in a container can they just be moved into the greenhouse
and left to dry out in in the container?

I grow mine in pots and simply put them under the greenhouse staging where
they will completely dry out idc, I repot in the spring at the first sign of
life.

--
Regards
Bob H

Granity 03-11-2006 09:04 AM

Thanks for that Bob that will save me a lot of effort.