GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   cat problems, again (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/15075-cat-problems-again.html)

Mike 18-04-2003 09:09 AM

cat problems, again

In article , Fenny
k writes

What about foxes or deer crapping in the
garden or ruining the plants?

My neighbours don't claim to keep any of those 2, 3, 4 or 5 at a time so
I don't have that problem.

To the poster who does have the cat problem, carpet gripper strips along
the bottom of gates and along the tops of walls fences and gates does
deter.

and as someone else has informed me, cat tastes like rabbit and is eaten
a lot in Malta. Perhaps we should start putting some recipes up.

Mike

Who is a dog lover and NEVER allowed a dog in his possession to mess in
a neighbour's garden, pavement, path or park.
Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more

Fenny 18-04-2003 12:08 PM

cat problems, again

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Mike say...
What about foxes or deer crapping in the
garden or ruining the plants?

My neighbours don't claim to keep any of those 2, 3, 4 or 5 at a time so
I don't have that problem.

It's not uncommon around here. And we used to have a lot of problems
with foxes back home. Next doors cat had to see them off.
--
Fenny
Gravity is a Myth. The Earth Sucks!

Ophelia 18-04-2003 03:56 PM

cat problems, again

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
Fenny k wrote:

... Personally, I find dog-owners to be the major
cause of turds on the grass around my house.

And not their dogs? Boggle. You DO have problem neighbours!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

LOL

Jayne 18-04-2003 06:20 PM

cat problems, again

Ah! But did you know that a microchipped cat is deemed to be owned (like a
dog) - therefore if you were to shoot it it would be like shooting the
neighbours dog & you'd probably be prosecuted.

"Mike" wrote in There was an interesting
article in the Daily Telegraph the other day
about cats. I was interested to read that it is not against the law
to shoot them,

I read that there is a case to deem them as vermin and that you can
shoot them.

Mike 18-04-2003 07:08 PM

cat problems, again

In article , Jayne
writes
Ah! But did you know that a microchipped cat is deemed to be owned (like a
dog) - therefore if you were to shoot it it would be like shooting the
neighbours dog & you'd probably be prosecuted.

So therefore the owner could be traced?

If so, the crap the cat left could be posted back to them?

If they own the cat, they won the crap.

We've just had a Barbie with the family. We had Steak, Chicken, Sausage,
Bacon, Burghers etc and I remarked that if a cat came through, we could
have 'rabbit'.

None came :-(

They will come back when we are not their and crap all over the place
;-((

Wonderful 'Domesticated' animals :-((

In the words of King Troll "I think not"

William Tasso 18-04-2003 07:32 PM

cat problems, again

Fenny wrote:
Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Bob H say...
Any other possible solutions?

The pellets you need are .22

Nice one:-)

I do have another possible cure, but that is also not
legal........asprins in milk

And if anyone suggested doing this to dogs, or mentioned the effects
on other wildlife, like hedgehogs, you'd probably think they were
cruel, heartless and stupid.

Cats and dogs do what is natural for cats and dogs. It is humans who
seem to find this a problem. What about foxes or deer crapping in the
garden or ruining the plants?

Children, rats, moles
pidgeons, geese, magpies
jetisoned fuel - not to mention the noise
slugs, snails and all manner of slimy things
bugs, beetles, fleas and flies (sp?)
neighbours, councils, governments
.... the list is endless if you dwell on it, so don't - just get out there
for the joy of it.

--
William Tasso

Little Badger 19-04-2003 05:56 PM

cat problems, again

You are a **** as well!

PLONK

Badger

"Bob H" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Bob H" wrote in message
Hi,
I know this question has been asked before, but I can't recall the

answers given.

On both borders, front and back, between my property and my next door

neighbour, cats
are using them as toilets.

I have tried a couple of types of pellets, can't remember what the

names
are now, and
now I am trying water in clear plastic containers. That seemed to have

worked so so,
for a short while, but this evening I have found that it no longer

stops
the cats
from doing thier bussiness.

Any other possible solutions?

The pellets you need are .22

Nice one:-)

I do have another possible cure, but that is also not legal........asprins

in milk
--
Bob H
Leeds UK

---

Mike 19-04-2003 05:56 PM

cat problems, again

In article , Little
Badger writes

Ooooooooo look, a top posting cat lover :-((

You are a **** as well!

PLONK

Badger

"Bob H" wrote in message
m...

Nick 19-04-2003 09:08 PM

cat problems, again

Cant find the original message, it appears my server has a very low
retention.
Why not try these, in no particular order:
A dog, a big dog, a VERY big dog, egg shells, holly leaves (these also work
for SAS), your own cat (get one, at least then its your own crap), .410, 12
bore.
One or more of the above 'ought' to solve the problem
Regards
Nick.

"Little Badger" wrote in message
You are a complete ****!

PLONK

Badger

David 20-04-2003 08:45 PM

cat problems, again

In article , Fenny
k writes

Cats and dogs do what is natural for cats and dogs. It is humans who
seem to find this a problem. What about foxes or deer crapping in the
garden or ruining the plants?

Dog owners increasingly clean up after themselves and also fines are
applicable, not so with cats, cat owners take no responsibility for
their pets at all. Foxes and deer and any other wild animal are
acceptable because they are wild, cats are not wild, they are pets and
as such should be kept under control, as with any other pet if you can't
control them don't have them.
--
David

Little Badger 20-04-2003 08:56 PM

cat problems, again

Moan! Whinge! Moan!
Stay up all night making sure cats don't enter your garden!
You can't? You need to sleep? Shame on you!

Stop complaining about something you can't do diddly squat about!

Badger

"David" wrote in message
In article , Fenny
k writes

Snowman 20-04-2003 11:23 PM

cat problems, again

"David" wrote in message
In article , Fenny
k writes

Cats and dogs do what is natural for cats and dogs. It is humans who
seem to find this a problem. What about foxes or deer crapping in the
garden or ruining the plants?

Dog owners increasingly clean up after themselves and also fines are
applicable,.....

Not according to our local paper this week. "Dog fouling is mucking up
people's chances of enjoying parks .... dog fouling is a major factor in
deciding whether or not people use their local parks.." and in the same
paper: "Residents have been urged to kick up a stink about dog fouling as
the council seeks to tackle the problem".

So it's about time all you "holier than thou" dog owners shut up.

Kay Easton 21-04-2003 01:33 PM

cat problems, again

In article , David david.simp
writes
In article , Fenny
. uk writes

Cats and dogs do what is natural for cats and dogs. It is humans who
seem to find this a problem. What about foxes or deer crapping in the
garden or ruining the plants?

Dog owners increasingly clean up after themselves and also fines are
applicable,

Round here we have a breed of dog owner who scoops the poo into a
plastic bag, ties the top securely - then, rather than take it to the bi
a few yards away, tosses the whole lot into the bushes. Why on earth do
they feel crap in a plastic bag in a public park is any better than lose
crap?

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: