GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   red admiral`s (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150776-red-admiral%60s.html)

Kate Morgan 04-11-2006 08:48 PM

red admiral`s

I have quite a number of Red Admirals enjoying my flowers and the sun
today,there seem to be more than usual this year.

kate

Baal 04-11-2006 09:04 PM

red admiral`s

I agree. It used to be a rarity as many a perceived Red Admiral was a
Tortoiseshell.

But there have been many this year!

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.org.uk

Klara 04-11-2006 10:23 PM

red admiral`s

In message , Baal
writes
I agree. It used to be a rarity as many a perceived Red Admiral was a
Tortoiseshell.

But there have been many this year!

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.org.uk
"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
.. .

I have quite a number of Red Admirals enjoying my flowers and the sun
today,there seem to be more than usual this year.

kate

We have a grapevine around the dining-room window, with unprecedented
quantities of grapes, this year, and an unprecedented number of red
admirals have been licking them!

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³ 04-11-2006 10:39 PM

red admiral`s

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 20:48:25 -0000, Kate Morgan
wrote and included this (or some of this):

I have quite a number of Red Admirals enjoying my flowers

They do seem to be Russian about atm

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³

Andy 05-11-2006 12:17 AM

red admiral`s

"®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 20:48:25 -0000, Kate Morgan
wrote and included this (or some of this):

I have quite a number of Red Admirals enjoying my flowers

They do seem to be Russian about atm

Ditto, quite a few on my Hebe today. Usually its Cabbage Whites and
Peacocks and Tortoiseshells with maybe the odd Comma and Red Admiral but
they're all over my Hebe like a rash this week. Don't see many Brimstones.

Andy.

Sue[_3_] 05-11-2006 12:27 AM

red admiral`s

"Andy" wrote
Ditto, quite a few on my Hebe today. Usually its Cabbage Whites and
Peacocks and Tortoiseshells with maybe the odd Comma and Red Admiral
but they're all over my Hebe like a rash this week. Don't see many
Brimstones.

We usually see Brimstones early in the year here. They're often the
first butterfly of the year that I spot.

--
Sue