GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Question on plant fleece (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150792-question-plant-fleece.html)

Simon 05-11-2006 03:34 PM

Question on plant fleece

Hi,
Due to several nights of frost here I bought some tubular fleece to
protect my cordylines and some other plants. It says you can water the
plant through these so I guess it's permeable. I just wondered if it was
ok to leave the plant in these all winter, or should they be taken off
when temps are normal.
Thanks Simon.

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 05-11-2006 11:56 PM

Question on plant fleece

"Simon" wrote in message
Hi,
Due to several nights of frost here I bought some tubular fleece to
protect my cordylines and some other plants. It says you can water the
plant through these so I guess it's permeable. I just wondered if it was
ok to leave the plant in these all winter, or should they be taken off
when temps are normal.
Thanks Simon.

Cordylines will be fine but the other plants may not :-) What other plants?

Simon 06-11-2006 02:49 PM

Question on plant fleece

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"Simon" wrote in message
Hi,
Due to several nights of frost here I bought some tubular fleece to
protect my cordylines and some other plants. It says you can water the
plant through these so I guess it's permeable. I just wondered if it was
ok to leave the plant in these all winter, or should they be taken off
when temps are normal.
Thanks Simon.

Cordylines will be fine but the other plants may not :-) What other plants?

Hi Rupert,
thanks for the reply. I seem to have lost the details on the other
plant, they are some sort of tropical fern type thing. I'll have a hunt
and see if I can track down the labels, they were seen a week ago!!
simon