Old 12-11-2006, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Seed Pods on Oleander

Just putting my Oleanders in the cold greenhouse for the winter and
noticed have some green seed pods on one of them.

How do I treat the seed, i.e. when is it ripe? and how & when do I sow
them.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article .com,
Bookworm writes
Just putting my Oleanders in the cold greenhouse for the winter and
noticed have some green seed pods on one of them.

How do I treat the seed, i.e. when is it ripe? and how & when do I sow
them.

I thought these were poisonous?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 12-11-2006, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bookworm" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just putting my Oleanders in the cold greenhouse for the winter and
noticed have some green seed pods on one of them.

How do I treat the seed, i.e. when is it ripe? and how & when do I sow
them.

Someione else asking the same question:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...4231320.html?3

Jenny

Old 12-11-2006, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article .com,
Bookworm writes
Just putting my Oleanders in the cold greenhouse for the winter and
noticed have some green seed pods on one of them.

How do I treat the seed, i.e. when is it ripe? and how & when do I sow
them.

I thought these were poisonous?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

They are!
I waited until the pods split open then sowed in a soil based compost placed
in the shade inside an unheated greenhouse, lots of germination but all
pretty boring colours and flower sizes.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk