GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   globe artichokes ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150905-globe-artichokes.html)

Oxymel of Squill 12-11-2006 12:40 PM

globe artichokes ?

I cut mine back at the end of the season and mulched as the book instructed.
But now they're about three foot tall and plunging merrily into spring.
What to do? Leave them to their own little artichoke wisdom, or chop them
back again?

Any thoughts?

thanks

Robert[_2_] 12-11-2006 02:01 PM

globe artichokes ?

"Oxymel of Squill" wrote in message
reenews.net...
:I cut mine back at the end of the season and mulched as the book
instructed.
: But now they're about three foot tall and plunging merrily into spring.
: What to do? Leave them to their own little artichoke wisdom, or chop them
: back again?
:
: Any thoughts?
:
: thanks
:
I am leaving mine to sort themselves out. I have one with three heads almost
developed

Des Higgins 12-11-2006 11:43 PM

globe artichokes ?

"Oxymel of Squill" wrote in message
reenews.net...
I cut mine back at the end of the season and mulched as the book
instructed. But now they're about three foot tall and plunging merrily into
spring. What to do? Leave them to their own little artichoke wisdom, or
chop them back again?

Leave 'em to it. They are vigourous once the get dug in.

Any thoughts?

thanks