Old 17-11-2006, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Kill filing

BAC wrote:
Weren't you advocating use of kill files to avoid this sort of intemperate
exchange?

deep sigh And these are peppered everywhere, and have been for some
months now. Sometimes I feel I need to do something about it. I mean,
it's like a cry for help, don't you think and I'm a good samaritan I am.

Old 17-11-2006, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/11/06 18:11, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from Sacha contains these words:

The Puke is only an irritant, and a minor irritant at that, if you
allow her to be. The best thing to do with her, and all the other
trolls, is simply to ignore her.

A 'minor irritant' does not try to lose someone their career, it does
not 'threaten' to visit people in their homes or drive up to them to
be photographed. It does not lie about emails received from or about
other people; it does not lose a newsgroup its most valuable members.

Well, she hasn't attempted to lose ME my job, nor to visit ME on her way
to Janet's.....so WHY have YOU been the objects of her attention and *I*
haven't?

Could it be that I have, to a greater or lesser degree, ignored her?

I think what is overlooked here is that at varying times and in varying
degrees, we - that is Judith, Janet and I - have ignored her, too. But, not
unreasonably, I think, we objected to someone not only giving bad or dodgy
gardening advice but then resorting to horrible language and personal insult
on a tiresomely regular basis, when that advice was queried or corrected.
Everyone has a breaking point in terms of that kind of abuse, Anne and we
were getting that kind of flak on a daily basis with nobody else standing u
and saying 'enough'.
I don't know if Puke knows what your job is but she did know what Judith's
is. I am not assailable through a job and neither is Janet, so IMO, Puke
decided to 'go for' Judith, whose job is of a very high calibre. IMO, that
argues a wicked turn of mind and a viciously spiteful one, too.

You should try it! It might even work....instead of giving her the
prominence and attention that she so obviously craves....

If you find it impossible to do that, perhaps its best that you all
stay away?

I can't see that my presence or absence has any interest for you,
given your (lack of) gardening input.

Who needs MY input, with all the 'experts' that abound here? I know
what I want to do in MY garden, and I know how to do it....in other
words, I have little to contribute! IOW 'I'm only here for the
entertainment'!!

Stick around......... ;-)) May I say at this point that - again IMO -
everyone has something to contribute, even if they're right at the beginning
of their gardening lives, faced with a pile of mud. They can tell us what
they want from their garden, how they're enjoying the garden, how urg
contributes to that enjoyment, how things turned out for good or ill etc.
and that way they encourage the newbies and the oldtimers to feel genuinely
involved in the message the group is spreading.
And I think too, like a lot of others, that personal gardens, designed and
planted for the pleasure of the owner and not the admiration or envy of
others, are the most interesting gardens there are. I'd rather see 6 tiny
but lovingly planted cottage gardens that some great big thing stiff with
running hot and cold parterres.

Others have been kind enough to say otherwise about the absence of all
those who have left. And have you seen me, Judith or Janet respond to
a gardening post in the last 12 hours, despite requests to stay here and
do so?

Look, Sacha, I was as dismayed as anyone else when you all left, but you
did, and nothing I could say or do was going to change your mind! Life
is far too short, and 'if only' are the two saddest words there are!

That's kind of you and thank you.

We have posted about Puke's claim that she is not a liar and the fact
that kill filing has allowed her to do the damage she has done.

So, basically, you came back to create more hiatus? WHY BOTHER?
As my grannie used to say 'a picked spot never heals', so perhaps
it's high time you stopped picking this particular spot? Move on,
forget all this unpleasantness, or at least put it to the back of
your mind!

I can't speak for Judith or Janet but I can say for myself that I loathe and
detest lies and liars. It is something so fundamental to me that it is
extremely hard (for which read just about impossible) to let such behaviour
pass. In addition to that, I have a genuine affection for Judith and a very
high regard for her. I've met her in RL, we have corresponded over the
years, she was incredibly kind to my husband's sister when she was suddenly
put into Judith's hospital and I know of other generosity and kindnesses she
has shown to others. Judith is a genuinely good person.
I am utterly horrified at the attempts that have been made to lose her job
for her and the awful way she has been spoken to here. Judith is worth
thousands of Pukes but she was abused, insulted and sworn at and very few
urglers stood up and said 'enough'. I think that Judith's return yesterday
to make clear what had been done to her and my and Janet's support of her is
absolutely justified, considering what filth she was battling and I really
could not possibly have done anything else. I mean that most genuinely. I
had no idea Judith was going to write to urg last night but given the
opinion I have of her and have given above, there was no way I could allow
her to face the Puke barrage again and alone.

Who knows, in a couple of months you might be telling
all of uk.f+d exactly _how_ and _what_ to cook....! G

Never going to happen! I couldn't afford the legal fees for the food
poisoning..... I love reading that group but I swear I put on weight just
doing so and there's little I can contribute to it. But Umbria's Italian
food posts and others - but those especially - have me drooling. That's my
favourite kind of food and if I hadn't met Ray, I was going to go to Italy
to do a course such as the ones she runs. What can you do if you marry a
man who thinks risotto is the work of the devil? ;-))

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 17-11-2006, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Anne Jackson
writes
The message from Sacha contains these words:

The Puke is only an irritant, and a minor irritant at that, if you
allow her to be. The best thing to do with her, and all the other
trolls, is simply to ignore her.

So, basically, you came back to create more hiatus? WHY BOTHER?
As my grannie used to say 'a picked spot never heals', so perhaps
it's high time you stopped picking this particular spot? Move on,
forget all this unpleasantness, or at least put it to the back of
your mind! Who knows, in a couple of months you might be telling
all of uk.f+d exactly _how_ and _what_ to cook....! G

No way!!
--
June Hughes
Old 17-11-2006, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:
And it's !PLONK!

Oh, the power, the power!

))))

Old 17-11-2006, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 17/11/06 18:11, in article ,
"Anne
Jackson" wrote:

[...]

But you are now taking it up again, it would have been far better if you,
and Judith and Janet had just ignored her, the trolls always rely upon
people responding to them, I'm sure that most of us would prefer that all of
you were just to come back and answer sensible posts, and ignore the idiotic
ones.

But, not
unreasonably, I think, we objected to someone not only giving bad or dodgy
gardening advice but then resorting to horrible language and personal
insult
on a tiresomely regular basis, when that advice was queried or corrected.

If we are given bad advise, most of us would not tkae any notice of any
further 'advice' from that source.

Everyone has a breaking point in terms of that kind of abuse, Anne and we
were getting that kind of flak on a daily basis with nobody else standing
and saying 'enough'.

But you are not ignoring it, you are just encouraging her to continue to
irritate you.

I can't speak for Judith or Janet but I can say for myself that I loathe
and
detest lies and liars.

We all feel like that, but there comes a time where we have to ignore that
sort of post, so please just ignore her posts and concentrate on helping
those of us who value your input.

Alan

Old 17-11-2006, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Alan Holmes" contains these
words:

And it's !PLONK!

Oh, the power, the power!

Gives my ego a terrific boost!

Alan

Old 17-11-2006, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from Sacha contains these words:

And David Poole is not just keeping his head down, he told urg
he was leaving and he has left.

....and you know that's not worth a fig!
YOU said you were leaving....and here you are!

And, hopefully, you will stay.

Alan

Old 17-11-2006, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Alan Holmes" contains

these words:

And it's !PLONK!

Oh, the power, the power!

I recall reading somewhere that in a home computer, there was more
computer capacity than was used to send Man to the moon.

So, thanks to Mr Microsoft, I can now killfile people such as Puke and
her encouragers like Uncle Marvo and Dementor and Nasty Mike etc. And
I can do so till the cows come home because I have so much bang for my
buck on this wee machine. Life is grand, or would be if the frosts
would stop.

Old 18-11-2006, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Farm1 wrote:
So, thanks to Mr Microsoft, I can now killfile people such as Puke

It's La Puce, Fran, try to understand that if you can't understand the
rest.

Old 18-11-2006, 12:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 17/11/06 18:11, in article ,
"Anne
Jackson" wrote:

[...]

Alan -novice gardeners and newbies to the group need to be made aware of
things like Puke and the bad advice that she dishes out. If everyone bunged
her in a killfile how could anyone warn folk about her, and as Sacha has
pointed out if you killfile Puke then you do not see the vitriolic crap she
spews out against innocent posters.
I agree, not replying to her posts is the best course of action (usually).

Old 18-11-2006, 03:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 23:57:28 -0000, "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" wrote:

Alan -novice gardeners and newbies to the group need to be made aware of
things like Puke and the bad advice that she dishes out. If everyone bunged
her in a killfile how could anyone warn folk about her, and as Sacha has
pointed out if you killfile Puke then you do not see the vitriolic crap she
spews out against innocent posters.
I agree, not replying to her posts is the best course of action (usually).

I'm sorry, I can resist no longer !
Rupert Alan -novice gardeners and newbies to the group need to be
made aware

"newbies" in any usenet newsgroup have no business being there if they
cannot distinguish sensible posters from 'the rest'.
Unmoderated usenet newsgroups are an anarchy, not a democracy nor an
autocracy.

I hold no particular candle for La Puce, but did anyone notice how
calm and collected the newsgroup became when 'the usual suspects'
gathered up their toys and left ? ( well, didnt actually leave, but
hung around awhile to see how their denial of service would deprive us
all,, and how many regretful posthumous adulations would result,,,
vanity is a word that comes to mind )

The group who left in high dudgeon do the group no respect if they all
rush back in with this interminable nonsense.
Now that 'they' have 'returned' it is to further disrespect the group
by continuing their vendetta, not to benifit the group with their
(reputed) gardening wisdom !

PS. it is childish as well as lacking in intellect to continue
renaming a person as Puke instead of La Puce.

Old 18-11-2006, 03:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

If everyone bunged her in a killfile how could anyone warn folk
about her,

Why should these "folk" believe you, and not her ?

Supposing you try and "warn" people about Puce, and she replies by
claiming that its you who's the liar and the troll.

How exactly do you intend to get around that little difficulty ?

With a 100 post slanging match every time the two of you fall
out ? With piles of quotes from other posts which nobody will
bother to read ?

Following which, you eventually decide to leave the Group as well,
owning to lack of support from the other posters.

Sound familiar ?

So how exactly is this all going to work ?

and as Sacha has pointed out if you killfile Puke then you do
not see the vitriolic crap she spews out against innocent posters.

Same as before. So what exactly do you intend to do, if Puce
responds by posting "vitriolic crap" against you, as well ?

Ask her very nicely if she'll go away? Do you really think that
will work?

And do you think constantly referring to her as Puke, is the best way
to go about achieving that objective ?

michael adams

Old 18-11-2006, 03:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"WaltA" wrote in message

The group who left in high dudgeon do the group no respect if they all
rush back in with this interminable nonsense.
Now that 'they' have 'returned'

Who exactly do you mean by "they" ?

Because very few people who left this NewsGroup have returned.
At any point since their departure weeks ago.

And this Newsgroup is the poorer for their loss, IMO.

michael adams

Old 18-11-2006, 03:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 02:22:40 -0000, "michael adams" wrote:
"WaltA" wrote in message
The group who left in high dudgeon do the group no respect if they all
rush back in with this interminable nonsense.
Now that 'they' have 'returned'

Who exactly do you mean by "they" ?

Now you are just being provocative,
or you have not been paying attention !

Because very few people who left this NewsGroup have returned.

True !
But the ones who did (it seems to me), only did so to continue ,,

Oh forget it ! Why did I bother (especially as I agree with your
recent reply to Rupert ! )

Old 18-11-2006, 05:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 02:22:40 -0000, "michael adams" wrote:

And this Newsgroup is the poorer for their loss, IMO.

That is by-the-by to what I (thought I) raised,
it may also be that your opinion is my opinion also, _IF_ they could
stay focussed on gardening matters,

If all they want to do is debate who said what to whom and who tried
to do what to their employers or others and who may (or may not) be
the most authoritative and
ohhhhhh groan, I care not !
and it says more about their self-perceived status as divas (or
harridans) that they think we are remotely concerened.

Like I said previously, they disrispect the rest of us by continuing
their grandstanding.
Cant they just realise that it tars them all and that ( usually) we
care not a fig ! ?