Old 16-04-2003, 12:32 AM
Dominic

Default Near miss

I was planting out on the allotment today when I heard something thud
to the ground a few feet to the side of me. It sounded slightly heavy,
like a fist sized clod of earth or something. At first I wondered if
it was kids taking a pot shot at my greenhouse by lobbing something
over the high hedge.

It took me a little while to spot the object because it wasn't really
what I was expecting - a big dead rat

Guessing that this wasn't a rodent suicide or some kind of
Terminator-style experiment from the future, I assume that the poor
creature was dropped by a passing hawk.

I can't help thinking how deeply unpleasant it would have been if it
had landed on my head.

Dom
Old 16-04-2003, 07:20 AM
The Devil's Advocate

Yikes, I know seagull's mess is supposed to be lucky but rat's droppings or
rather 'dropping rats 'is a whole new line!

:

Old 16-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Rod

"Dominic" wrote in message
om...
I was planting out on the allotment today when I heard something thud
to the ground a few feet to the side of me. It sounded slightly heavy,
like a fist sized clod of earth or something. At first I wondered if
it was kids taking a pot shot at my greenhouse by lobbing something
over the high hedge.

It took me a little while to spot the object because it wasn't really
what I was expecting - a big dead rat

Not as nice as the guy working on his allotment had a meteorite land near
him - still hot when he went to pick it up.

Rod

Old 16-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Mike

In article , The Devil's Advocate
writes
Yikes, I know seagull's mess is supposed to be lucky but rat's droppings or
rather 'dropping rats 'is a whole new line!

Raining rats and dogs? :-((

Mike

Forthcoming reunions. Royal Navy Social Weekend Sussex May 2nd - 5th.
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th. Plus many more

Old 16-04-2003, 11:09 PM

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:20:23 +0100, "Rod"
wrote:

"Dominic" wrote in message
. com...
I was planting out on the allotment today when I heard something thud
to the ground a few feet to the side of me. It sounded slightly heavy,
like a fist sized clod of earth or something. At first I wondered if
it was kids taking a pot shot at my greenhouse by lobbing something
over the high hedge.

It took me a little while to spot the object because it wasn't really
what I was expecting - a big dead rat

Not as nice as the guy working on his allotment had a meteorite land near
him - still hot when he went to pick it up.

And when you try to tell people how exciting allotment gardening is,
they don't believe you!
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk

Old 16-04-2003, 11:09 PM

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:20:23 +0100, "Rod"
wrote:

"Dominic" wrote in message
. com...
I was planting out on the allotment today when I heard something thud
to the ground a few feet to the side of me. It sounded slightly heavy,
like a fist sized clod of earth or something. At first I wondered if
it was kids taking a pot shot at my greenhouse by lobbing something
over the high hedge.

It took me a little while to spot the object because it wasn't really
what I was expecting - a big dead rat

Not as nice as the guy working on his allotment had a meteorite land near
him - still hot when he went to pick it up.

Cue the 'blue ice' stories...
--
Stuart Baldwin
news\at/boxatrix\dot/co\dot/uk

Avocado ripe near surface, very not near core [email protected] Edible Gardening 2 02-09-2013 10:54 PM
lots of worthwhile twigs near the ugly earth were believing near the abysmal canyon Reverend Walter R. Tussaud United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 04:58 PM
I Miss My Pond!!! Broomhilda Ponds 26 06-02-2004 10:20 AM
Lantana "Miss Huff" Beth Peace North Carolina 3 01-05-2003 06:45 PM
what do I miss? laz Freshwater Aquaria Plants 12 20-04-2003 07:16 AM