GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   middle stem of chysanthemums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151170-middle-stem-chysanthemums.html)

torge conrad maguar 25-11-2006 01:08 PM

middle stem of chysanthemums

when i buy chysanthemums the middle stem is always removed. i am told that
this is the stem that roots most readily.

if i can find a middle stem is it just a question of sticking in some soil
please to propogate it? novice grateful for any advice, thanks.

Robert[_2_] 25-11-2006 01:59 PM

:
: if i can find a middle stem is it just a question of sticking in some soil
: please to propogate it? novice grateful for any advice, thanks.
:
I'm not sure that is necessarily correct, I think the middle shoot on a
plant from the florist has been removed because you pick out the middle
shoot on 'sprays' to encourage more shoots and flowers, and anything from it
will root with a certain amount of success. If you are talking about plants
you buy to grow on, they have the main shoot pinched out for the same reason
but you can root from any of the shoots that come up in spring