GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ot Xmas is near (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151171-ot-xmas-near.html)

JennyC 29-11-2006 04:02 PM

Ot Xmas is near

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...

jane wrote:
Wonder if there ought to be a national gardening day, where the _only_
things permitted to open would be bona fide garden centres, nurseries
and gardens.

Now that's very much my kind of perfect day out - we should ban all
petrol ran transport as well and only use horse carts, bikes and err...
wheelbarrows. But pubs should remain open without question :o)

Which reminds me, does anyone heard or have a 'Wassailing' event near
him or her? I'm very intrigued about this ritual as it sounds
wonderful. Planning trips for next year :o)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassailing

This site has a list of wassailing events around the country:
http://www.england-in-particular.inf...c-january.html

Jenny

La Puce 29-11-2006 04:41 PM

Ot Xmas is near

JennyC wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wassailing
This site has a list of wassailing events around the country:
http://www.england-in-particular.inf...c-january.html

HOooo you are just so lovely. Thank you. Where is the Isle of Axholme
.....?! I'll find out because it's sounds devine :o)