GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Unique EBAY item. Pure 1980s nostalgie CD-ROM - Only 2.50 - 1984 Argos Catalogue on CDR- plus free bonus - over 150 rare and classic 80s TV A (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151279-unique-ebay-item-pure-1980s-nostalgie-cd-rom-only-2-50-1984-argos-catalogue-cdr-plus-free-bonus-over-150-rare-classic-80s-tv.html)

the pea 30-11-2006 08:06 PM

Unique EBAY item. Pure 1980s nostalgie CD-ROM - Only 2.50 - 1984 Argos Catalogue on CDR- plus free bonus - over 150 rare and classic 80s TV A

Check this out if you are interested in anything retro 80's. A complete
Argos Autumn/Winter 1984 Catalogue on a
CDR - both as jpegs and easily zoomable and navigatable
..pdf document. Also - over 150 Uk television adverts from the 80's - many
of which you won't find anywhere on the web as they were ripped from old
VHS tapes.

All this for only £2.50 on ebay. Check out the link if you are
interested:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...pagename=STRK%
3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290055022594&rd=1&rd=1

Or do a search on Ebay for,

"OLD CHRISTMAS TOYS GAMES STAR WARS JEDI 1984 CDR"

----------------------------

Some examples of Ebay feedback;

"Brilliant! It's like time travelling back to the high street. THANK
YOU!!"

"Great item, great idea. Excellent bonus material. Super fast delivery.
Thanks"

"I urge anyone to buy one, so interesting, fun,very quick
delivery...Thanks"

---------------------------

If you have an interest in this kind of thing there is sure to be
something for you to enjoy with this item. Old toys and games from
Christmas 1984, Star Wars toys and original tv adverts (including British
and one American advert for the Star Wars Kenner toys) - jewellery,
watches, Barbie, lego, old hi fi equipment, old digital watches, walkmen
etc... etc... - a fascinating document of life in the 1980's. 284 pages
packed with the things we were all buying in 1984 - and the prices are
quite different also! Old tv adverts with an elephant and mouse for the
Commodore 64 (and a two page spread) - boasting a massive 64K memory! Milk
Tray, Cadburys Smash, Jimmy Saville Intercity advert, Atari, Spectrum -
tons of really interesting stuff.

Here is the complete text from the ebay listing;

FANTASTIC NOVELTY ITEM!

NOSTALGIA HEAVEN!

ARGOS CATALOGUE - 22

AUTUMN/WINTER 1984

CDR

***WITH FREE BONUS ON THE SAME DISC***

OVER 150 CLASSIC 1980's TV ADVERTISEMENTS!

This is a unique CD-ROM of an extremely rare Argos catalogue. Total trip
in 1980's nostalgia. 284 pages bursting with products! Easily viewable on
your home computer. It is very difficult to obtain one of these catalogues
and I have seen them sell on EBAY for more than £100 and thats not even
including the expensive postage fee on such a heavy item!

Buy a CD-ROM (in a jewel case) of the entire catalogue for only £2.50!

Each page of the catalogue has been carefully scanned and digitally
enhanced. On the CD-ROM the entire catalogue is available as both single
jpeg images and a PDF document which is easily viewable in the freely
downloadable Adobe Acrobat Reader. (www.adobe.com) Zoom in to see product
details or close-ups of individual items! Instantly jump to any page! If
you are not already familiar with Adobe Reader I highly recommend you
spend a few minutes learning some of the neat tricks it can perform.
Browse four pages as thumbnails and scroll over any area of a page using
the zoom feature! I have provided an example of this in one of my
photographs for the game "UP AGAINST TIME". Use the original Index page
to locate any item, simply enter the page number and you are there!

A fantastic digital record of 1980's designs and fashions. Toys,
electrical equipment, typewriters, jewellery, cameras, lawnmowers,
hoovers, hi-fi equipment, cosmetics, shower units, digital watches, duvet
sets, musical keyboards, computers etc... etc... (COMMODORE 64, SPECTRUM
48k and ATARI - EACH OF THESE COMPUTERS IS GIVEN A ONE PAGE SPREAD - WITH
SCREENSHOTS OF GAMES AND ACCESSORIES INCLUDED)

As this was the autumn/winter edition the toy section is massive! 35
pages of Christmas goodies galore that every child dreamed of in 1984.
Included a

Return of the Jedi (2 page spread of Star Wars toys 266-267), Game and
Watch, Grandstand, Playskool, Texas Instruments (all electronic games),
Domino Rally mark 2, Space Attack!, Mr Pop!, Hornby Electric Trains,
Knight Rider, The Dukes of Hazard, Ford XR3i Racing, Computer Battleshhip,
The Hungry Hippos Game, Trivial Pursuit, Crossbows and Catapults,
Perfection, Cabbage Patch Kids, Test Match, Beware of the Spider!, Tank
Command, Tri-Omnibus, Stay Alive!, Connect4, Game of Life, Crossfire,
Popoids, Duplo sets, Lots of LEGO sets (including technic), Spirograph,
Fashion Wheel, Master Moulder Set, Mr Frosty, Dekkertoys Tents (including
Spiderman tent), Bontempi, Streak Racing - GLOWS IN THE DARK! - Dukes of
Hazzard Speed Jumper, Corgi models (including Yorkie and Weetabix), Tonka,
CHiPS toys, THE A TEAM play van, Masters of The Universe, Transformers,
Action Force, Palitoy, , My Little Pony, , Orville, Roland Rat Superstar,
Care Bears, Frog Chorus, Sweet Shop and mini-market, Barbie (two pages of
Barbie stuff - pages 274-275), Fisher Price, Bantel, Hasbro Glo-Worm
etc... etc.....

Thanks to the power of modern technology, you can even use this catalogue
to browse for old retro stuff you may wish to purchase on EBAY!

As a FREE bonus I am also including, on the CD-ROM, a diverse collection
of more than 150 classic 1980's British Television adverts. The videos are
in real media and divx formats and are easily playable on your PC.
(Information is contained on the disc regarding the free DIVX codec
download) Many of these adverts are extremely rare as they are ripped from
my own personal collection and come from old BETAMAX and VHS tape sources.
Guaranteed to bring back tons of 1980's memories! I have included a few
screenshots on this page. Watch the original advertisment from Christmas
1984 for the RETURN OF THE JEDI - STAR WARS toys that are featured in
this very catalogue! Or how about a 1987 ARGOS Television commercial!
Other classic tv adverts include:

THREE FASCINATING COMMODORE 64 ADS FROM ABOUT 1983/1984 - "...with its
enormous 64K memory..." - HILARIOUS!

ATARI COMPUTER 2600 ADVERT - VERY AMUSING SONG.

SINCLAIR ZX SPECTRUM+ ADVERT

TETLEY TEA BAGS ADVERT

ACTION FORCE TOY ADVERT

KEEP DOGS ON LEAD WITH JOHN NOAKES

WEETABIX ADVERT

GOLDEN WONDER CRISPS - SUPERMAN AND SPIDERMAN

SMASH MASH POTATO ADVERT WITH ALIEN ROBOTS

THREE ADS FOR SEKONDA AND SEIKO WATCHES (RELEVANT TO 1984 ARGOS CATALOGUE)

INTERCITY WITH JIMMY SAVILLE

(Also included is an extremely rare American advertisment for STAR WARS
KENNER TOYS!)

Check my feedback to see what other people think of this item. Here are a
few examples:

"Brilliant! It's like time travelling back to the high street. THANK
YOU!!"

"Great item, great idea. Excellent bonus material. Super fast delivery.
Thanks"

"I urge anyone to buy one, so interesting, fun,very quick
delivery...Thanks"

"Excellent cdrom, good quality, very quick postage"

"Quick delivery, great idea, I'm in nostalgic heaven, many thanks!"

"Very cool very retro, love the adverts!"

"Great seller, A credit to ebay 10/10"

Item will be dispatched immediately after payment is received.

------

Pay instantly with your debit or credit card through PayPal.

Posted using QuadSucker/News, http://www.quadsucker.com
... the ultimate tool for newsgroup downloading!