GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spring Bulbs Shooting - Question (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151281-spring-bulbs-shooting-question.html)

Martin[_1_] 30-11-2006 08:14 PM

Spring Bulbs Shooting - Question

With the warm weather my spring bulbs are beginning to appear through the
ground. When we start to have frosts will it kill the bulbs ?

Martin

Robert[_2_] 30-11-2006 10:36 PM

"Martin" [email protected] wrote in message
: With the warm weather my spring bulbs are beginning to appear through the
: ground. When we start to have frosts will it kill the bulbs ?
:
: Martin
:

No they will be ok

JennyC 01-12-2006 06:38 AM

Spring Bulbs Shooting - Question

"Martin" [email protected] wrote in message
With the warm weather my spring bulbs are beginning to appear through the
ground. When we start to have frosts will it kill the bulbs ?

Martin

This is a normal phenomenon Martin. I'm sure there is some scientific
explanation....involving a sort of anti freeze in the shoots.but I can't
seem to find it ATM.

Jenny

Muddymike 01-12-2006 10:54 AM

Spring Bulbs Shooting - Question

"Martin" [email protected] wrote in message
With the warm weather my spring bulbs are beginning to appear through the
ground. When we start to have frosts will it kill the bulbs ?

Martin

This is a normal phenomenon Martin. I'm sure there is some scientific
explanation....involving a sort of anti freeze in the shoots.but I can't
seem to find it ATM.

Unless as in my garden the hungry pheasants eat them.

Mike