GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How to Store Loppers and Shears? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151335-how-store-loppers-shears.html)

Davy 03-12-2006 02:02 PM

How to Store Loppers and Shears?

My long-handled loppers and my shears currently hang on my shed wall astride
a nail. But this does not really work since they tend to rotate and fall.
Has anyone found a better way of storing large loppers and shears on a shed
wall?

thanks

Davy

Broadback 03-12-2006 02:56 PM

Davy wrote:
My long-handled loppers and my shears currently hang on my shed wall astride
a nail. But this does not really work since they tend to rotate and fall.
Has anyone found a better way of storing large loppers and shears on a shed
wall?

thanks

Davy

Simplest and cheapest way is hang on the existing nail, mark for 2 more
nails, one either side of the handles, remove tool, hammer in new nails,
rehang, job done.

Robbo 03-12-2006 06:40 PM

"Broadback" wrote in message
Davy wrote:
My long-handled loppers and my shears currently hang on my shed wall
astride
a nail. But this does not really work since they tend to rotate and
fall.
Has anyone found a better way of storing large loppers and shears on a
shed
wall?

thanks

Davy

Simplest and cheapest way is hang on the existing nail, mark for 2 more
nails, one either side of the handles, remove tool, hammer in new nails,
rehang, job done.

Also a god spraying with WD40 or the like will preserve them more.
A fine file passed "Drawfile" style across the front faces a few times
before use after winter will give a far sharp edge to start off with.

Nick Maclaren 03-12-2006 07:19 PM

How to Store Loppers and Shears?

In article ,
Broadback writes:
| Davy wrote:
| My long-handled loppers and my shears currently hang on my shed wall astride
| a nail. But this does not really work since they tend to rotate and fall.
| Has anyone found a better way of storing large loppers and shears on a shed
| wall?
|
| Simplest and cheapest way is hang on the existing nail, mark for 2 more
| nails, one either side of the handles, remove tool, hammer in new nails,
| rehang, job done.

Or hang the other way up, and save the cost of a nail (i.e. use only 2) :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Broadback 04-12-2006 10:40 AM

How to Store Loppers and Shears?

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Broadback writes:
| Davy wrote:
| My long-handled loppers and my shears currently hang on my shed wall astride
| a nail. But this does not really work since they tend to rotate and fall.
| Has anyone found a better way of storing large loppers and shears on a shed
| wall?
|
| Simplest and cheapest way is hang on the existing nail, mark for 2 more
| nails, one either side of the handles, remove tool, hammer in new nails,
| rehang, job done.

Or hang the other way up, and save the cost of a nail (i.e. use only 2) :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Tight wad. ;-)