Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2006, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Worser & worser

The winds have continued to thump away at us all day and if anything, are
getting worse. Bits are flying off some of the trees in the churchyard and
into the school house on the other side from us. Our Pinus Montezuma has
lost a few small branches but only tiny bits, so far. I don't think I've
ever known gales go on so long or at such strength. They reached 100 mph in
parts of this locality last night and at one point, when there was a lull at
about 1am, it was so quiet that it woke us up!
Kind and well-meaning customers have picked up plants that were blown over
in their pots but Ray asked them not to, saying that they'll only get blown
down again and the more often that happens, the more chance of damage. Once
they're down, they're down and there's less windage for the gales to get at.
I really, *really* want this to stop!
How is everyone else surviving these onslaughts - we can't be the only
'lucky' ones?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk