Old 13-12-2006, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can anyone recommend a distance learning course?

"D.M.Entor" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:45:57 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 13/12/06 12:37, in article
.com, "La Puce"
wrote:

judith lea wrote:
the experts are here,
I, certainly, am not one, but then I never pretend otherwise.

Does your employer knows you are still writing on internet forums
talking about anything but the subject at hand instead of working and
stalking people? Should someone remind him again or are you going to be
a good lady and leave others get on with their lives?

Oh dear. Big mistake. Huge.

Out of the cess pit with the bile again.

Why do you do it then?

Dm

Old 13-12-2006, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Alan Holmes wrote:

Oh, go on, please share it all with the rest of us, don't be mean!

Alan

Bad boy, no!!! I remember your wife well Alan from the meet at Kay's,
how is she? and how is the caravan?

Old 13-12-2006, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...

judith lea wrote:
Clarice , beware of some colleges who offer distance learning courses
at a basic level; for instance KLC only offer RHSII and you will only
receive a certificate, not a Diploma

This was wrong. Do you agree, yes or no.

Then we will cover the 'apple pruning' question. Perhaps you'll gain
from this exercise, once and for all.

It is up to the reader to determine the rightness or otherwise of answers
and information given. It is pointless for posters to squabble over it.
As pruning apples is a very flexible art it serves no purpose other than to
confuse, to keep referring to an answer without showing the question.
You can prune an overgrown apple tree at any time of year if it needs it,
depends completely on why you are pruning it in the first place. On the
other hand if you have a restricted form of apple then most people would
like me prune them in August. while older more established standards etc
would normally be pruned in winter between leaf drop and bud burst which is
a 4 month window.
If you don't agree then do as I do and ignore the post!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 13-12-2006, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham wrote:
It is up to the reader to determine the rightness or otherwise of answers
and information given. It is pointless for posters to squabble over it.
As pruning apples is a very flexible art it serves no purpose other than to
confuse, to keep referring to an answer without showing the question.
You can prune an overgrown apple tree at any time of year if it needs it,
depends completely on why you are pruning it in the first place. On the
other hand if you have a restricted form of apple then most people would
like me prune them in August. while older more established standards etc
would normally be pruned in winter between leaf drop and bud burst which is
a 4 month window.
If you don't agree then do as I do and ignore the post!

Winter was in this case the right answer for the OP, not autumn. As for
the Damson, as I don't have one I didn't commented, but my instincts
don't say to 'prune' as such but 'tidy' in the spring. But sure, you
are right off course and I will certainly try to learn to ignore the
posts.

Old 13-12-2006, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13 Dec 2006 09:44:26 -0800, "judith lea"
wrote:

D. M. Entor wrote:

God, what a cesspit of bitter old hags this ng is.

Dm

Hello, it's nice to see you back, are you feeling better?

Never better, thank you Jude.

Your old trouble improved at all?

De.Man
Old 13-12-2006, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Charlie Pridham wrote:

It is up to the reader to determine the rightness or otherwise of answers
and information given. It is pointless for posters to squabble over it.
As pruning apples is a very flexible art it serves no purpose other than to
confuse, to keep referring to an answer without showing the question.
You can prune an overgrown apple tree at any time of year if it needs it,
depends completely on why you are pruning it in the first place. On the
other hand if you have a restricted form of apple then most people would
like me prune them in August. while older more established standards etc
would normally be pruned in winter between leaf drop and bud burst which is
a 4 month window.
If you don't agree then do as I do and ignore the post!
--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.

Thank you Charlie, you have confirmed what I meant, I prune late
Autumn/Winter as this is appropriate for my trees. Actually, I don't
prune them personally, my gardener does and I trust his opinion which
is accurate and mirrors yours.

Old 13-12-2006, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:55:42 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"D.M.Entor" wrote in message
.. .
On 13 Dec 2006 04:00:04 -0800, "judith lea"
wrote:

La Puce wrote:
judith lea wrote:
Clarice , beware of some colleges who offer distance learning courses
at a basic level; for instance KLC only offer RHSII and you will only
receive a certificate, not a Diploma

Please don't give wrong advice!!!!!

LOL

You are priceless - By the way, I saw you last week - LOL, now I know
why you hide behind the dogs. LOL................................

God, what a cesspit of bitter old hags this ng is.

You find yourself at home here then?

Yada, yada, yada.

Flying over the cuckoo's nest and looking for signs of sanity.

Dee.Man

Old 13-12-2006, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:03:52 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"D.M.Entor" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 16:45:57 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 13/12/06 12:37, in article
s.com, "La Puce"
wrote:

judith lea wrote:
the experts are here,
I, certainly, am not one, but then I never pretend otherwise.

Does your employer knows you are still writing on internet forums
talking about anything but the subject at hand instead of working and
stalking people? Should someone remind him again or are you going to be
a good lady and leave others get on with their lives?

Oh dear. Big mistake. Huge.

Out of the cess pit with the bile again.

Why do you do it then?

Protective coloration. like to blend in with the harpies.

Deyman

Old 13-12-2006, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

D. M. Entor wrote:

God, what a cesspit of bitter old hags this ng is.

Dm

Hello, it's nice to see you back, are you feeling better?

Never better, thank you Jude.

Your old trouble improved at all?

De.Man

I still get a few awful aches and dreadful pains, but at my advanced,
almost mediievil age, it's to be expected I suppose, I'll just keep on
with the tablets; now where did I put them and were they for the old
trouble or the new one? Now I can't find my ear trumpet either, duh
old age eh?

Old 13-12-2006, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"judith lea" wrote in message
ups.com...

Alan Holmes wrote:

Oh, go on, please share it all with the rest of us, don't be mean!

Alan

Bad boy, no!!! I remember your wife well Alan from the meet at Kay's,
how is she? and how is the caravan?

Have decided to give up caravaning, pulling the thing out of the drive had
become a real pain in the behind, so it came to an end, a pity but that's
how life goes, I really loved the independency the caravan gave, now have to
rely on B&B or Youth Hostels!

Joyce is almost fine, having a couple of minor health problems at the moment
but hopefully everything will turn out right.

Alan