GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Apricot in a pot? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151535-apricot-pot.html)

Keith \(Dorset\) 13-12-2006 09:54 PM

Apricot in a pot?

Dear all,

I want to grow an apricot 'tree' in a large terracotta pot... on a
sheltered, sunny patio.

Do you ghave any recommendations, re. variety and rootstock, and any other
tips please.

Many thanks in advance.

Keith

cliff_the_gardener 14-12-2006 12:15 PM

Apricot in a pot?

Kieth
There is a dwarf Peach 'Terrace Amber' and a dwarft Nectarine 'Terrace
Ruby'. These are dwarf plants, I know someone who has had one for 10
years and it is only 3 1/2ft tall.
They make an actractive plant, flowerlike a cherry and produce fruit
relative to its size. They are not that common.
I did a google and Notcutts have them on promotion and found that they
are offering Terrace Apricot 'Garden Aprigold'
http://www.notcutts.co.uk/test1/inde...Itemid=27.html
is a list of pictures, but you can browse through and see what they
are like.
Good luck
Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire