GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what can I grow (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151605-what-can-i-grow.html)

kittykat 17-12-2006 08:14 AM

what can I grow

Hi

I live in camborne cornwall, and have a pollytunnel, what can I grow early

thanks
marion

Sacha[_1_] 17-12-2006 11:25 AM

what can I grow

On 17/12/06 08:14, in article ,
"kittykat" wrote:

Hi

I live in camborne cornwall, and have a pollytunnel, what can I grow early

Do you mean food plants or ornamental plants for the garden?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Colin Jacobs 17-12-2006 03:40 PM

what can I grow

Broad Beans, Daffodils, Garlic, Onions. The list is endless.
Colin.

kittykat8 18-12-2006 09:11 AM

what can I grow

vegetable plants, does the pollytunnel give you earlier growing time

thanks
marion

"Colin Jacobs" wrote in message
Broad Beans, Daffodils, Garlic, Onions. The list is endless.
Colin.

Mike 18-12-2006 09:25 AM

what can I grow

"kittykat8" wrote in message
vegetable plants, does the pollytunnel give you earlier growing time

thanks
marion

We live in the Isle of Wight so have the same climate as you. We had a very
large garden and had two pollytunnels and always planted our new potatoes on
Boxing Day :-))

Too far away from the house for any Electric Heating or light. It made a
nice 'break' to get out after Christmas.

Of course the ground has to be prepared but that was no problem, even on a
rainy day.

You have time to get them in this Boxing Day and enjoy new potatoes much
earlier than your neighbours, unless they have Pollytunnels as well.

:-))

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk