GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Buying a new mower - advice on Qualcast Cobra Quiet 32 Electric Rotary Lawnmower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/15170-buying-new-mower-advice-qualcast-cobra-quiet-32-electric-rotary-lawnmower.html)

Paul 16-04-2003 10:08 AM

Buying a new mower - advice on Qualcast Cobra Quiet 32 Electric Rotary Lawnmower

I have a 20 year old flymo mower and looking to buy a new mower. The
flymo leaves a lot of cuttings and leaves the grass "soft" with it not
cutting short.

I'm wanting to get a "hard" short cut grass with stripes, i've been
treating it and feeding it and the condition of it is fairly good but
not good enough for a cylinder cut mower.

Am i expecting miracles if i only buy a cheap mower like the Qualcast
one?

B&Q have them on offer at just under 90ukp at the mo.

http://www.diy.com/bq/product/produc...2&CATID=182700

if replying via email, please remove the caps out of the address.

Stephen G 16-04-2003 11:44 AM

Buying a new mower - advice on Qualcast Cobra Quiet 32 Electric Rotary Lawnmower

Paul

Remember you only get what you pay for. For stripes I believe you do need a
roller. I am sure that I did see an rotary mower advertised last year that
also had a roller but I can not remember the maker but if you can find one
it may do the trick.

Stephen
http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningforpleasureuk/

Paul 16-04-2003 12:08 PM

Buying a new mower - advice on Qualcast Cobra Quiet 32 Electric Rotary Lawnmower

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:35:25 +0100, "Stephen G"
wrote:

Paul

Remember you only get what you pay for. For stripes I believe you do need a
roller. I am sure that I did see an rotary mower advertised last year that
also had a roller but I can not remember the maker but if you can find one
it may do the trick.

Stephen
http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningforpleasureuk/

The model i'm looking for has a plastic roller, i was keen for feedback
from anyone who'd used one of these models.

Thanks

bnd777 16-04-2003 08:44 PM

Buying a new mower - advice on Qualcast Cobra Quiet 32 Electric Rotary Lawnmower

We have a Champion Petrol mower from Do It all same as a Mountfield ( Briggs
and Stratton Engine etc ) and they are generally on offer around £120
They really give good service

Chris French and Helen Johnson 16-04-2003 11:08 PM

Buying a new mower - advice on Qualcast Cobra Quiet 32 Electric Rotary Lawnmower

In message , Paul
writes
wrote:

Paul

Remember you only get what you pay for. For stripes I believe you do need a
roller. I am sure that I did see an rotary mower advertised last year that
also had a roller but I can not remember the maker but if you can find one
it may do the trick.

Stephen
http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningforpleasureuk/

The model i'm looking for has a plastic roller, i was keen for feedback
from anyone who'd used one of these models.

I've got one (had it about 5 years IIRC). Though I have to say I am
pretty unfussy about my lawn, and certainly am not bothered about
stripes.

General cutting performance is fine, and it gives a nice low cut if you
want it 25mm I think maybe less I can't remember. Though if you let the
grass get a bit too long then the chute to the collection box easily
blocks, but if the grass is cut regularly enough this isn't a problems
and it seems to collect ok. It is noticeably quieter than a lot of
similar mowers, which is one of the selling points, and it does make it
nicer to use because of that.

As for stripes, well it does have a roller, and does seem to give a bit
of a stripe, but I dunno if it's what some one who wants stripes would
find sufficient. It's not something I've been bothered to notice TBH.

--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ:

The Q 17-04-2003 07:44 AM

wrote:

Paul

Remember you only get what you pay for. For stripes I believe you do need

roller. I am sure that I did see an rotary mower advertised last year

that
also had a roller but I can not remember the maker but if you can find

one
it may do the trick.

Stephen
http://uk.geocities.com/gardeningforpleasureuk/

The model i'm looking for has a plastic roller, i was keen for feedback
from anyone who'd used one of these models.

For better stripes you need weight, you could just keep the mower you have
and buy a garden roller!

The Q