Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-12-2006, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strong tools anyone?

Can anyone recommend and point me to a supplier or maker of durable basic
garden tools. The shops are full of stainless steel hoes, trowels, forks
etc which look nice but unless they are used on stone free fine tilth bend
or break. this year I've been through 3 trowels, snapped a stainless dutch
hoe and bent a stainless border fork. I am reluctant to keep buying
brittle/bendy shoddy tools that look the business but don't really cut it.
Has anyone else had the same experience?
The garden I work is stony ie natural occurring flints but also some rubble.
Personnel recommendations appreciated!