GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Christmas Produce (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151726-christmas-produce.html)

George.com 24-12-2006 07:33 AM

Christmas Produce

What home grown Christmas fare is appearing on your tables?

I am quite proud to be laying on new potatos, lettuce, spring onions and
carrots this year. Beans supplied from the garden of the old boy across the
road.

Tomatos or peas haven't come through yet so they are fruitmarket as is the
kumara (sweet potato) which I didn't bother planting.

Happy Festivus to all.

rob

Robert[_2_] 24-12-2006 08:41 AM

Christmas Produce

:
: I am quite proud to be laying on new potatos, lettuce, spring onions
: and carrots this year. Beans supplied from the garden of the old boy
: across the road.
:
: Tomatos or peas haven't come through yet so they are fruitmarket as
: is the kumara (sweet potato) which I didn't bother planting.
:
: Happy Festivus to all.
:
: rob

Parsnips, sprouts (the best for years), onions. Potatoes have been eaten
already! I am hoping for better carrots next year as I have built a raised
compartment about two feet high and according to the 'Big Dig' and others
the fly does not get up to these giddy heights. We shall see

Broadback 24-12-2006 10:12 AM

Christmas Produce

Robert wrote:
George.com wrote:
: What home grown Christmas fare is appearing on your tables?
:
: I am quite proud to be laying on new potatos, lettuce, spring onions
: and carrots this year. Beans supplied from the garden of the old boy
: across the road.
:
: Tomatos or peas haven't come through yet so they are fruitmarket as
: is the kumara (sweet potato) which I didn't bother planting.
:
: Happy Festivus to all.
:
: rob

Parsnips, sprouts (the best for years), onions. Potatoes have been eaten
already! I am hoping for better carrots next year as I have built a raised
compartment about two feet high and according to the 'Big Dig' and others
the fly does not get up to these giddy heights. We shall see

This year I planted carrots in a builders 1 ton bag, filled about 3/4
full of soil, no carrot flies, no carrots for Christmas either because
we've eaten the lot! Sadly my worse Christmas veg year, the new potatoes
were a complete failure and the sprouts have been devastated by mice.
Must do better.

--
Please do not reply to the
email address as all post

Alan Holmes 24-12-2006 02:19 PM

Christmas Produce

"George.com" wrote in message
What home grown Christmas fare is appearing on your tables?

I am quite proud to be laying on new potatos, lettuce, spring onions and
carrots this year. Beans supplied from the garden of the old boy across
the
road.

Tomatos or peas haven't come through yet so they are fruitmarket as is the
kumara (sweet potato) which I didn't bother planting.

Only potatoes for me, didn't get enough of anything else to keep.

Other than the walnuts, got enough of those to last the whole year!

Alan

Happy Festivus to all.

rob

Gill Matthews[_2_] 24-12-2006 03:46 PM

Christmas Produce

"George.com" wrote in message
What home grown Christmas fare is appearing on your tables?

I am quite proud to be laying on new potatos, lettuce, spring onions and
carrots this year. Beans supplied from the garden of the old boy across
the
road.

Tomatos or peas haven't come through yet so they are fruitmarket as is the
kumara (sweet potato) which I didn't bother planting.

Happy Festivus to all.

rob

Sprouts, purple sprouting broccoli, kale, parsnips, carrots, potatoes,
onions, jerusalem artichokes and leeks. In various combinationsover the
holiday, but I'm a lover of meat and 5 veg type meals. By way of salads
beetroot, red mustard, celery and spring onions with stored apples. Don't
really do much out of season stuff until hungry gap.

Gill M