GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hozelock automatic watering kits? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151732-hozelock-automatic-watering-kits.html)

Paul 24-12-2006 01:13 PM

Hozelock automatic watering kits?

Just got a kit for my dads greenhouse but am wondering is there a limit as
to how much you can add to it, at the moment we'll probably just stick with
the greenhouse but in the future would it be possible to extend it to reach
the front garden borders too? length wise its about 30 feet from the tap to
the greenhouse and about the same in the opposite direction to the front
borders. for the greenhouse I think we'll use the micro sprinklers, is there
any noticeable drop in pressure from the sprinkler nearest the tap to the
one furthest away?

Paul

Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) 24-12-2006 03:15 PM

"Paul" wrote in message
Just got a kit for my dads greenhouse but am wondering is there a limit as
to how much you can add to it, at the moment we'll probably just stick
with the greenhouse but in the future would it be possible to extend it to
reach the front garden borders too? length wise its about 30 feet from the
tap to the greenhouse and about the same in the opposite direction to the
front borders. for the greenhouse I think we'll use the micro sprinklers,
is there any noticeable drop in pressure from the sprinkler nearest the
tap to the one furthest away?

Paul

The kits are fairly versatile but if you want to run it for several hundred
metres then it is best to have a feed pipe (hose pipe) and T off at various
intervals. i.e. run the system in a parallel mode not series (if that makes
sense).
Although you can run these systems in one long continuous length the
pressure required to get the far end working can be so great that the first
10 metres or so get overactive and act as a sprinkler (or burst)