Old 16-04-2003, 12:20 PM
ian

Default blackberries

Could anyone tell me an effective way of getting rid of blackberry and
brambles, my garden has them shooting up all over the place.

Thanks
Ian

Old 16-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Ophelia

"ian" wrote in message
Could anyone tell me an effective way of getting rid of blackberry and
brambles, my garden has them shooting up all over the place.

Thanks
Ian

Wave your magic wand and send them to me. I have just planted one)

Ophelia

Old 16-04-2003, 03:45 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , ian
writes
Could anyone tell me an effective way of getting rid of blackberry and
brambles, my garden has them shooting up all over the place.

Prune the shoots back to 4/5ft lengths then, wearing rubber gloves and
using a cloth apply glyphosate weed killer (diluted as per instructions)
onto both sides of the remaining leaves and stem. Wait the requisite two
weeks.

This is ideal weather to do this as the brambles will have started
growing well. The dead branches burn quickly and well.

--
dave @ stejonda
Old 16-04-2003, 03:45 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
"dave @ stejonda" writes:
| In message , ian
| writes
| Could anyone tell me an effective way of getting rid of blackberry and
| brambles, my garden has them shooting up all over the place.
|
| Prune the shoots back to 4/5ft lengths then, wearing rubber gloves and
| using a cloth apply glyphosate weed killer (diluted as per instructions)
| onto both sides of the remaining leaves and stem. Wait the requisite two
| weeks.
|
| This is ideal weather to do this as the brambles will have started
| growing well. The dead branches burn quickly and well.

Boggle. Why not just dig them up? They are very shallow rooted,
and most ones that grow in the UK don't regrow from their roots.
You can then glyphosate anything that escapes or reshoots.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 16-04-2003, 06:56 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Nick Maclaren
writes
In article ,
"dave @ stejonda" writes:
| In message , ian
| writes
| Could anyone tell me an effective way of getting rid of blackberry and
| brambles, my garden has them shooting up all over the place.
|
| Prune the shoots back to 4/5ft lengths then, wearing rubber gloves and
| using a cloth apply glyphosate weed killer (diluted as per instructions)
| onto both sides of the remaining leaves and stem. Wait the requisite two
| weeks.
|
| This is ideal weather to do this as the brambles will have started
| growing well. The dead branches burn quickly and well.

Boggle. Why not just dig them up? They are very shallow rooted,
and most ones that grow in the UK don't regrow from their roots.
You can then glyphosate anything that escapes or reshoots.

Maybe I had the ones that did? This was however before the neighbour had
dealt with the infestation his side of the boundary so there was always
a source of new shoots.

--
dave @ stejonda

Wild Blackberries Bill Bolle Gardening 4 07-05-2003 05:08 AM
blackberries ian Texas 1 16-04-2003 09:56 PM
blackberries ian United Kingdom 0 16-04-2003 12:20 PM
Fertalizing blackberries? Rick Samuel Texas 0 10-04-2003 03:20 PM
blackberries Jessica Lawns 6 10-03-2003 11:22 PM