GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Horsradish planting (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151881-horsradish-planting.html)

Rich[_3_] 29-12-2006 04:52 PM

Horsradish planting

Can I plant horseradish now. Someone has given me some and I wanted to
produce some ffor myself.
Thanks
Rich
Westerly 2219 DAVICO

Gary Woods 29-12-2006 05:22 PM

Horsradish planting

Rich wrote:

Can I plant horseradish now. Someone has given me some and I wanted to
produce some ffor myself.

Don't see why not.... but plant it where it can be contained; the roots
spread. Nothing like fresh-grated horseradish in the early spring!

Robbo 29-12-2006 06:36 PM

Horsradish planting

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
Rich wrote:

Can I plant horseradish now. Someone has given me some and I wanted to
produce some ffor myself.

Don't see why not.... but plant it where it can be contained; the roots
spread. Nothing like fresh-grated horseradish in the early spring!

Is that as bad as freshly grated horseradish in your eye after you wipe some
muck out using the same hand that held the grater

;-)

John McMillan 03-01-2007 07:59 PM

Horsradish planting

In article ,
Rich wrote:

Can I plant horseradish now. Someone has given me some and I wanted to
produce some ffor myself.
Thanks
Rich
Westerly 2219 DAVICO

I think you can plant it any time. It dislikes shade
but otherwise its one of the most invasive plants you could wish for.