Old 01-01-2007, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A letter I agree with ..Perhaps not so native.

Geoff wrote:
After 45 generations of grey squirrels, they are as native as we are,
and should not be persecuted because of their origin or the colour of
their fur.

Here. Here.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the 2005 manifesto of the Monster
Raving Loony party:
http://www.omrlp.com/?page_id=64

"Half the grey squirrel population will be painted red in order to
increase the red squirrel population."

Old 01-01-2007, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Geoff wrote:
After 45 generations of grey squirrels, they are as native as we are,
and should not be persecuted because of their origin or the colour of
their fur.

But they should be ALL killed off as they are vermin.

Alan

Old 01-01-2007, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
The Oxford Dictionary defines "vermin" as "Animals of a noxious or objectionable
kind.........

Given the generally overlooked but obvious fact that humans are animals
too then we could include web trolls, some politicians, people who
knick garden statuary, drug deallers, the rest of the politicians, some
policemen........

Old 01-01-2007, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
Martin wrote:
The Oxford Dictionary defines "vermin" as "Animals of a noxious
or objectionable kind.........

Given the generally overlooked but obvious fact that humans are
animals too then we could include web trolls, some politicians,
people who knick garden statuary, drug deallers, the rest of the
politicians, some
policemen........

I've got 'em on my list - or in the killfile.
--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp