Old 04-01-2007, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potato Growing Bags

"Robbo" ...

If you think more laterally and enter
barrels for strawberry growing uk into Google
you get
http://www.ferndale-lodge.co.uk/pd_559171.htm
So it's not rocket science after all is it!

I'm not stupid. That's not what I want. I want the blue ones.

Old 04-01-2007, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4/1/07 14:46, in article ,
"Susan" wrote:

"Robbo" ...

If you think more laterally and enter
barrels for strawberry growing uk into Google
you get
http://www.ferndale-lodge.co.uk/pd_559171.htm
So it's not rocket science after all is it!

I'm not stupid. That's not what I want. I want the blue ones.

Where did you see them in the first place? If it was on a tv programme, for
example, why not contact someone in the tv prog. office?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 04-01-2007, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Susan wrote:
I want the blue ones.

Here, I found you a nice blue one. I must admit, if I didn't recycle as
if my life depended on it I would be tempted to spend £8 plus vat on
one of these!!

http://www.smithsofthedean.co.uk/New%20Barrels.htm

I use a few of jam barrels from the Droylsden Jam factory that my
friend gets for me - it's easy to cut holes in them, with an electric
jigsaw though and great as water butts.

Hope this helps a little.

Old 04-01-2007, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Robbo" wrote in message

"Susan" wrote in message
"Susan" wrote
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes? Also, does anyone know where I can buy (online) those
large blue barrels for growing strawberries?

I've ventured back to thank those of you who replied with helpful
suggestions. Many thanks. After extensive searching I discovered that
the bags are called "poly bags" so that made it easier to find them.
However, a search for "big blue strawberry barrel" still doesn't turn up
anything.

If you think more laterally and enter
barrels for strawberry growing uk into Google

you get
http://www.ferndale-lodge.co.uk/pd_559171.htm

So it's not rocket science after all is it!

Except that giggle is a waste of time in my experience!

Alan

Old 04-01-2007, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"La Puce" wrote .
Here, I found you a nice blue one. I must admit, if I didn't recycle as
if my life depended on it I would be tempted to spend £8 plus vat on

Thank you! Those are the ones I want. They're a lot cheaper than the
horticultural-type barrels, and have loads of different uses.

Thanks again for your help.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 18:20:57 +0000, Susan wrote
(in article ):

"La Puce" wrote .
Here, I found you a nice blue one. I must admit, if I didn't recycle as
if my life depended on it I would be tempted to spend £8 plus vat on

Thank you! Those are the ones I want. They're a lot cheaper than the
horticultural-type barrels, and have loads of different uses.

Thanks again for your help.

Do you live in a rural area? When I was a farm rep I used to get many an
offer of "blue' barrels, capacity 40 gallons, that once held silage additive.
Very acidic and corrosive. But a good hosing out left them sweet and very
useable. I used them as water butts. Most dairy farmers I know would be
delighted to let you have 1 or 2, and most likely at no charge, just to get
rid of them. Ask around.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Susan wrote:
Thank you! Those are the ones I want. They're a lot cheaper than the
horticultural-type barrels, and have loads of different uses.
Thanks again for your help.

Marvelous stuff )

Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Susan" wrote in message
"Susan" wrote
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

check out www.kaysdiscountgarden.co.uk or phone for catalogue 01946692134
they are on page 167 of current catalogue. HTH