Old 03-01-2007, 04:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potato Growing Bags

Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

Also, does anyone know where I can buy (online) those large blue barrels for
growing strawberries?

Thanks.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Susan" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

Yes

Also, does anyone know where I can buy (online) those large blue barrels
for growing strawberries?

Yes

Google is your friend

Old 03-01-2007, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Susan wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

Also, does anyone know where I can buy (online) those large blue barrels for
growing strawberries?

Thanks.

www.gardenersworldoffers.co.uk for potato bags

Paul
Old 03-01-2007, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Robbo" contains these words:
"Susan" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

Yes

Also, does anyone know where I can buy (online) those large blue
barrels
for growing strawberries?

Yes

Google is your friend

That was a right ukrm response, if ever I saw one!

Ello Ann

HNY

And yep.....it's a UKRM response to a lazy sod

Old 03-01-2007, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Anne Jackson wrote:
SNIP
Gardeners are usually helpful sods, don't ya know.... ;-)

Probably because they are always turning them!

Old 03-01-2007, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Robbo" wrote

That was a right ukrm response, if ever I saw one!

Ello Ann

HNY

And yep.....it's a UKRM response to a lazy sod

Well, after an absence of several months due to the constant slanging
matches in urg, I ventured back to the group. I shouldn't have bothered.

FYI, I spent about 3 hours googling with no luck whatsoever, hence my
posting here.

Don't bother responding as I won't be around to see it.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Susan wrote:
"Robbo" wrote
That was a right ukrm response, if ever I saw one!

Ello Ann

HNY

And yep.....it's a UKRM response to a lazy sod

Well, after an absence of several months due to the constant slanging
matches in urg, I ventured back to the group. I shouldn't have bothered.

FYI, I spent about 3 hours googling with no luck whatsoever, hence my
posting here.

Don't bother responding as I won't be around to see it.

Oh Susan, but did you not see Paul's answer?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Robbo" wrote in message

"Susan" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

Yes

Also, does anyone know where I can buy (online) those large blue barrels
for growing strawberries?

Yes

Google is your friend

He is no friend of mine, and as I've never met him I wouldn't bother to ask
him/her!

Old 03-01-2007, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:22:11 +0000, Paul wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

Can't help with the bags but on the Giveaways page in the newest GW
magazine they had some plastic bin-things, marketed for the purpose,
which sell at £14.99 for 3. It gave a website; Haxnicks or somesuch.

Pam in Bristol
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Susan wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

Also, does anyone know where I can buy (online) those large blue barrels for
growing strawberries?

Thanks.

www.gardenersworldoffers.co.uk for potato bags

Having mentioned Haxnicks and GW Giveaways, I looked at the above
link, and the tubs I mentioned are there, cheaper than on the
aforementioned website. They are not bags but plastic buckets.

Pam in Bristol

Old 04-01-2007, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Susan wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

The Marshall's veg catalogue has yellowish bags, like shopping bags
with holes!

Pam in Bristol
Old 04-01-2007, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Susan wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

The Marshall's veg catalogue has yellowish bags, like shopping bags
with holes!

Pam in Bristol

In respect of the original poster I think you are wasting your time as
she has declared, as there were no answers that suited her, she was
leaving, never to return (again?). However I am sure that there will be
other readers who welcome the efforts of posters to solve the original
question.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 08:22:11 +0000, Paul wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes?

Can't help with the bags but on the Giveaways page in the newest GW
magazine they had some plastic bin-things, marketed for the purpose,
which sell at £14.99 for 3. It gave a website; Haxnicks or somesuch.

If ordinary bin bags will do, you can get them a lot cheaper than that.

If they are not strong enough on their own you could use two, or more,
inside each other.

Alan

Pam in Bristol

Old 04-01-2007, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Susan" wrote
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes? Also, does anyone know where I can buy (online) those
large blue barrels for growing strawberries?

I've ventured back to thank those of you who replied with helpful
suggestions. Many thanks. After extensive searching I discovered that the
bags are called "poly bags" so that made it easier to find them. However, a
search for "big blue strawberry barrel" still doesn't turn up anything.

Best Regards.

Old 04-01-2007, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Susan" wrote in message
"Susan" wrote
Does anyone know where I can buy (online) those black plastic bags for
growing potatoes? Also, does anyone know where I can buy (online) those
large blue barrels for growing strawberries?

I've ventured back to thank those of you who replied with helpful
suggestions. Many thanks. After extensive searching I discovered that
the bags are called "poly bags" so that made it easier to find them.
However, a search for "big blue strawberry barrel" still doesn't turn up
anything.

If you think more laterally and enter
barrels for strawberry growing uk into Google

you get
http://www.ferndale-lodge.co.uk/pd_559171.htm

So it's not rocket science after all is it!