Old 05-01-2007, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default corkscrew hazel

Hi i have a corkscrew hazel in my front garden,its about 20ft tall with a
trunk of about 10 inches dia, today i noticed that part of the root has
lifted the soil about 3-4 inches high for about a 6 ft length this i gather
is due the wind and rain, the tree always listed to one side but it doesn't
look any worse today than in the summer,the big problem is it over hangs a
road, now i don't want to lose the tree but it looks to me like its going to
have to come down, unless anybody knows any different, has it got an
extensive root system or would it be a ball type root as found in conifers
etc ?

Old 06-01-2007, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Some info he

http://www.paghat.com/hazelcatkins.html (about 2/3 down the page)
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/937/index.html

--