Old 06-01-2007, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What are they?

Have been trying to identify a trailing plant with white flowers just less
than 1 inch across which are seen probably for 6 weeks or so from March
onwards in the UK. Can anyone tell me what they are? My neighbours have them
but of course they don't know either. Hopefully an easy one for somebody to
answer.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Rooster wrote:
Have been trying to identify a trailing plant with white flowers just less
than 1 inch across which are seen probably for 6 weeks or so from March
onwards in the UK. Can anyone tell me what they are? My neighbours have them
but of course they don't know either. Hopefully an easy one for somebody to
answer.

How long are the trailing stems? Are they permanent, or do they die
back in winter? Does it root as it spreads? Deciduous or evergreen?
Leaf shape and size? Colour of stems? Shape of flowers? Number of
"petals"? Other features?

--
Mike.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Rooster writes
Have been trying to identify a trailing plant with white flowers just less
than 1 inch across which are seen probably for 6 weeks or so from March
onwards in the UK. Can anyone tell me what they are? My neighbours have them
but of course they don't know either. Hopefully an easy one for somebody to
answer.

A white flowered Vinca? Try a Google images search. Or do you mean
something which trails down walls as opposed to trailing across the
ground? In which case something like aubretis, only that's usually
mauve.
--
Kay
Old 06-01-2007, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6 Jan 2007 06:54:11 -0800, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

Rooster wrote:
Have been trying to identify a trailing plant with white flowers just less
than 1 inch across which are seen probably for 6 weeks or so from March
onwards in the UK. Can anyone tell me what they are? My neighbours have them but of course they don't know either. Hopefully an easy one for somebody to
answer.

How long are the trailing stems? Are they permanent, or do they die
back in winter? Does it root as it spreads? Deciduous or evergreen?
Leaf shape and size? Colour of stems? Shape of flowers? Number of
"petals"? Other features?

By "trailing" do you mean "climbing"? My immediate vision was of
Clematis Cartmaniii "Joe" which flowers about then in my garden.
We certainly need more details as above.

Pam in Bristol
Old 06-01-2007, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6/1/07 14:29, in article ,
"Rooster" wrote:

Have been trying to identify a trailing plant with white flowers just less
than 1 inch across which are seen probably for 6 weeks or so from March
onwards in the UK. Can anyone tell me what they are? My neighbours have them
but of course they don't know either. Hopefully an easy one for somebody to
answer.

One of the larger flowered Bacopas? Though IME, they go on for longer than
6 weeks. Vinca?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 06-01-2007, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
On 6/1/07 14:29, in article ,
"Rooster" wrote:

Have been trying to identify a trailing plant with white flowers just less
than 1 inch across which are seen probably for 6 weeks or so from March
onwards in the UK. Can anyone tell me what they are? My neighbours have them
but of course they don't know either. Hopefully an easy one for somebody to
answer.

One of the larger flowered Bacopas? Though IME, they go on for longer than
6 weeks. Vinca?

I'll add a 3rd vote for Vinca (Vinca minor 'Alba'?)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley