Old 06-01-2007, 09:20 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

Default PMWS pork entering food chain

Dear Geoff: We have never met, but the tacit reaction to "go veggie"
is yours, not mine. I'll die and go to heaven having whatever meat I
want to eat. That's not to say, I don't disagree with your position
of choice....it's your choice. So don't make me feel threatened by
your comments, because I am not. Granted, you have your choice, I have
mine, but you try to thrust your opinions and comments on a group of
people , here, that are trying to make a living producing food for the
Public. Companies like Perdigao, Sadia, Smithfield and your retailers
must think good of you, because your insistence upon a veg diet still
requires you to patronize some of them as your source.

Why attempt to discredit honest, hard-working livestock producers? Or
is that your fetal attempt to do so?

Must make you feel good.

Must make veggie's taste better to you, knowing you are trying to
destroy other people's livings.

But that's easy for you to come off on those that have made significant
investments in facilities and equipment, who try to comply with the
non-sensical EU rules in your country, then buy produce imported from
who-knows-where.

I have an attitude, but it doesn't agree with yours.

Burkie
Geoff wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 16:39:13 -0000, "Pat Gardiner"
wrote:

Pat's Note: This report published in FWi yesterday will not surprise anyone.

However, it is effective confirmation that PMWS sick pigs are entering the
food chain in the UK with seemingly the full approval of veterinarians and
the British authorities.

In fairness it is hard to see how they could keep them out, and the openness
is to be commended, even if it does send a shiver down the spine.

(Actually, I do wonder if some recent veterinary reports are deliberately
designed to make quite sure that Maff-Defra can't just blame the RCVS and
pig industry and walk away from the gathering crisis.)

6) Septic pleurisy. Since the arrival of PMWS on most UK farms there has
been a rise in severe pleurisy lesions, which in the most severe form can
set up abscessation within the musculature of the rib cage. If restricted
to this area, trimming may be possible with only partial carcass rejection.
Where infection has spread beyond the thorax (chest) whole carcass
condemnation is likely.

I have no doubt, given the filthy conditions in farming today, that
infected food is reaching our tables. It would go some way to
explaining the surge in illness.

Go veggie.

Unquote

http://www.fwi.co.uk/Articles/2007/0...mber-2006.html

Special Reports

You are in: Home Special Reports Animal Health
NADIS Pig Disease Focus - December 2006

05/01/2007 12:00:00

FWi

NADIS is a network of 40 veterinary practices and six veterinary colleges
monitoring diseases of cattle, sheep and pigs in the UK.
NADIS data can highlight potential livestock disease and parasite incidences
before they peak, providing a valuable early warning for the month ahead.
NADIS disease bulletins are written specifically for farmers, to increase
awareness of prevalent conditions and promote disease prevention and
control, in order to benefit animal health and welfare. Farmers are advised
to discuss their individual farm circumstances with their veterinary
surgeon.

NADIS Pig Disease Focus - December 2006

Whole Carcass Condemnation

Mark White BVSc DPM MRCVS

--

***************************
"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you

Check out Animal Aid's brand new one-minute video.
This powerful film, containing shocking images,
just begs to be seen by as many people as possible.
Help raise awareness by sending it to your friends
and family. http://tinyurl.com/yjmxo2

The logic some people use for not attending church, is used to avoid washing

1.I was forced to as a child.
2.People who make soap are only after your money.
3.I wash on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
4.People who wash are hypocrites-they think they are cleaner than everyone else.
5.There are so many different kinds of soap,I can't decide which one is best.
6.I used to wash, but it got boring so I stopped.
7.None of my friends wash.
8.The bathroom is never warm enough in the winter or cool enough in the summer.
9.I'll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
10.I can't spare the time .

Old 06-01-2007, 09:35 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

On 6 Jan 2007 13:20:32 -0800, "Burk" wrote:

[...]

You're an arse! My advice was free, my suggestions open. Take it or
leave it. No need for your short, fat legs, to try and get on a high
horse!

I imagine the majority of farmers are hardworking decent folks, trying
to earn a buck. Unlike the bullies here, who earn a living off state
benefits, whether they work or not. A hard days work would kill the
likes of webster and co, maybe that's why they have such a chip on
their shoulders.

Get over yourself Burkie, stop living up to your name!

Burkie

Old 06-01-2007, 11:03 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

"Burkie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dear Geoff: We have never met, but the tacit reaction to "go veggie"
is yours, not mine.

pete is the one who told us to buy tesco salmon so he isn't that much of a
veggie

Jim Webster

Old 07-01-2007, 03:55 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

Burkie wrote:
[...]

Burkie is going to neither hevean nor hell; he is
lucky the latter does not exist.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:04 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

Why attempt to discredit honest, hard-working livestock producers? Or
is that your fetal attempt to do so?

There is nothing honest about the meat industry trying to keep from the
public the cruel conditions of factory farming and rendering of animals
that suffer greatly because of desire to make more profit while denying
helpless animals their God given right to natural life. They are also
poisoning the public because of unhealthy conditions inherent to
factory farming.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:14 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

"Ronald 'More-More' Moshki" wrote in message
ps.com...

Burkie wrote:

Burkie is going to neither hevean nor hell; he is
lucky the latter does not exist.

Can you please give proof that the former does exist please?

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 07-01-2007, 04:18 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

wrote in message
ups.com...
.. They are also
poisoning the public because of unhealthy conditions inherent to
factory farming.

???????????????????

Considering that there are more meat eaters in this country that veggies,
can you please explain to me, why, if the meat industry is 'poisoning the
public', the public in general are living a lot longer and as proof, the
pensionable age is to be raised because of the shortfall in pension funds?

Thank you

Mike
70 and going strong :-))

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 07-01-2007, 05:28 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

"'Mike'" wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
. They are also
poisoning the public because of unhealthy conditions inherent to
factory farming.

???????????????????

Considering that there are more meat eaters in this country that veggies,
can you please explain to me, why, if the meat industry is 'poisoning the
public', the public in general are living a lot longer and as proof, the
pensionable age is to be raised because of the shortfall in pension funds?

Thank you

Mike
70 and going strong :-))

hate to say it Mike but you are asking them to justify a deeply held
religious belief, and they find it difficult to do, especially when you look
at their evidence and it doesn't stand up

Jim Webster

Old 07-01-2007, 05:34 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 16:18:55 -0000, "'Mike'" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
. They are also
poisoning the public because of unhealthy conditions inherent to
factory farming.

???????????????????

Considering that there are more meat eaters in this country that veggies,
can you please explain to me, why, if the meat industry is 'poisoning the
public', the public in general are living a lot longer and as proof, the
pensionable age is to be raised because of the shortfall in pension funds?

Some are living longer, some arent. Many are dying far too early.
Cancers, CJD, Dementia etc.

Just because you're alright Jack, doesnt mean it's alright.

--

***************************

Old 07-01-2007, 06:17 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

'Mike' wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
. They are also
poisoning the public because of unhealthy conditions inherent to
factory farming.

???????????????????

Have you seen some of the videos?

Considering that there are more meat eaters in this country that veggies,
can you please explain to me, why, if the meat industry is 'poisoning the
public', the public in general are living a lot longer and as proof, the
pensionable age is to be raised because of the shortfall in pension funds?

People live longer not because but in spite of meat they consume. We
see more and more frequent bans of meat imports due to health risks.
Some people stopped eating meat to protect their health while others
out of concern for the cruel treatment of animals.

Old 07-01-2007, 06:25 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

wrote in message
oups.com...
'Mike' wrote:
Some people stopped eating meat to protect their health while others
out of concern for the cruel treatment of animals.

"SOME"

I am so glad you put that in. And how many, or what % of the population
would that be? 2%? 5%? even 10%? (which I doubt) which still leaves a huge
majority not on your wavelength :-))

Mike

--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Old 07-01-2007, 06:42 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 18:25:48 -0000, "'Mike'" wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
'Mike' wrote:
Some people stopped eating meat to protect their health while others
out of concern for the cruel treatment of animals.

"SOME"

I am so glad you put that in. And how many, or what % of the population
would that be? 2%? 5%? even 10%? (which I doubt) which still leaves a huge
majority not on your wavelength :-))

I hope you don't think the silent majority support animal abuse? As
the pro hunt loons found out, the silent majority counts for a lot.
--

***************************

Old 07-01-2007, 06:50 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 08:35:23 +0000, Geoff wrote:

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:03:20 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

"Burkie" wrote in message
roups.com...
Dear Geoff: We have never met, but the tacit reaction to "go veggie"
is yours, not mine.

pete is the one who told us to buy tesco salmon so he isn't that much of a
veggie

Go veggie.

· Vegans contribute to the deaths of animals by their use of
to avoid the following items containing animal by-products
in order to be successful:

Tires, Paper, Upholstery, Floor waxes, Glass, Water
Filters, Rubber, Fertilizer, Antifreeze, Ceramics, Insecticides,
Insulation, Linoleum, Plastic, Textiles, Blood factors, Collagen,
Heparin, Insulin, Solvents, Biodegradable Detergents, Herbicides,
Gelatin Capsules, Adhesive Tape, Laminated Wood Products,
Plywood, Paneling, Wallpaper and Wallpaper Paste, Cellophane
Wrap and Tape, Abrasives, Steel Ball Bearings

being vegan.
From the life and death of a thousand pound grass raised
Old 07-01-2007, 06:50 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse

On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:03:20 -0000, "Jim Webster" wrote:

"Burkie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dear Geoff: We have never met, but the tacit reaction to "go veggie"
is yours, not mine.

pete is the one who told us to buy tesco salmon

Why?

so he isn't that much of a
veggie

Jim Webster