GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Horse Manure (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/152120-horse-manure.html)

Alan Holmes 18-02-2007 08:15 PM

Horse Manure

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message

It's more important to rot down cow and chicken manure, AIUI but I think
the
point of leaving horse manure in a heap is to allow weed seeds to be
washed
out by the rain or to be taken out by the proud owner of the manure heap.
think the horse's alimentary canal does a good job of preparing the
manure
for use by the gardener.

I am not proud of my muck heap I wish some one would take it away. In
the old days we were allowed to burn them but not any more, pity that,
it smells rather nice :-)

Whereabouts are you, just in case I happen to be passing with an empty sack?

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

kate