GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Onion Sets. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/152418-onion-sets.html)

p. pleater 19-01-2007 06:20 PM

Onion Sets.

Which are the best keepers, Centurion, Sturon, or Turbo..........or
?

Thanks
ppleater.

Robert[_2_] 19-01-2007 07:17 PM

Onion Sets.

p. pleater wrote:
: Which are the best keepers, Centurion, Sturon, or
: Turbo..........or ?
:
: Thanks
: ppleater.

Stuttgart Giant are still being used here and they are stronger tasting too

www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Broadback 20-01-2007 10:05 AM

Onion Sets.

Robert wrote:
p. pleater wrote:
: Which are the best keepers, Centurion, Sturon, or
: Turbo..........or ?
:
: Thanks
: ppleater.

Stuttgart Giant are still being used here and they are stronger tasting too

www.rraa.moonfruit.com

Personally I always use Sturon, they are rather hot, my wife loves them.
I am still using them, cutting them down whenever I need one from
strings hanging in the garage, I don't know how long they will keep but
certainly until they run out late April early May.

Gill Matthews 20-01-2007 10:20 AM

Onion Sets.

In article , says...
Which are the best keepers, Centurion, Sturon, or Turbo..........or
?

Thanks
ppleater.

I find Sturon and Fen Globe to be good keepers and red Baron If you want a red one.
smallish (2-3" diameter) do better than giant juicy onions, but
making sure that they have dried off properly and storing in dry airy
cool conditions is more important than variety, as long as they are
summer grown not overwintered IMHO.

Gill M