Old 23-01-2007, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Devon Beach (Free Pampers & BMWs)

Please forgive the absence of Sacha and Dave Poole

Old 23-01-2007, 08:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
Please forgive the absence of Sacha and Dave Poole

Ha - just what I need, free Beemer parts and none of them fit mine :-(

Oh well, better go back and help Sacha with the shipping order to
Jersey ;-)

Old 23-01-2007, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

Oh well, better go back and help Sacha with the shipping order to
Jersey ;-)

.... for Pampers that is.

Old 23-01-2007, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/1/07 08:19, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

Please forgive the absence of Sacha and Dave Poole

Ho, ho, ho! ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 23-01-2007, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/1/07 10:27, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/1/07 08:56, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
Please forgive the absence of Sacha and Dave Poole

Ha - just what I need, free Beemer parts and none of them fit mine :-(

Oh well, better go back and help Sacha with the shipping order to
Jersey ;-)

I can just see my daughter in law's face when she receives a consignment
of
sal****er Pampers! ;-))
What we're having a problem understanding is why people are being allowed
do this! If it's illegal, as is reported, why are the police merely
handing
out forms to be filled in and returned, telling them where the 'salvaged'
goods have gone? The whole thing is utterly bizarre - why not just close
off the beach until the shipping company's salvage people move in?

It's been shut off now.

Stable doors and bolting horses come to mind!

Excellent video evidence of the potential thieves
(if they don't fill out the forms).
From Lyme Bay to eBay. Yes some stuff is already on the site:-(
I never realised that Devon housed such vermin.

Not just Devon - some people came from 'two counties away', according to one
report. But no surprises, I'm afraid - looting is an old past time.....

Old 23-01-2007, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/1/07 10:56, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

wrote:

Please forgive the absence of Sacha and Dave Poole

Ho, ho, ho! ;-)

and a bottle of rum, too?

No, was there? ;-)

Old 23-01-2007, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:12:10 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

If it's illegal, as is reported, why are the police merely handing
out forms to be filled in and returned, telling them where the 'salvaged'
goods have gone? The whole thing is utterly bizarre - why not just close
off the beach until the shipping company's salvage people move in?

one container had the personal effects of a Swedish couple moving to
SA, nice.
--
Mike Reid
UK walking, food, photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site

Old 23-01-2007, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/1/07 10:27, in article , "Rupert
(W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 23/1/07 08:56, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
[...]

From Lyme Bay to eBay. Yes some stuff is already on the site:-(
I never realised that Devon housed such vermin.

Not just Devon - some people came from 'two counties away', according to
one
report. But no surprises, I'm afraid - looting is an old past time.....

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

It's not technically looting otherwise they could be shot. The one
heartening thing is that some of the locals that have been interviewed are
horrified by the events.
I do hope that some of the grinning buffoons who have boasted about their
loot get shot-or perhaps a quick slap.
There was an incident round here when a woman crashed her car and by the
time the Ambulance arrived she had "lost" her handbag and laptop.
I think folk sometimes take the "every cloud has a silver lining" to
extremes.

Old 23-01-2007, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/1/07 11:03, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip Not just Devon - some people came from 'two counties away',
according to
one
report. But no surprises, I'm afraid - looting is an old past time.....

It's not technically looting otherwise they could be shot. The one
heartening thing is that some of the locals that have been interviewed are
horrified by the events.

What I don't understand is the difference between looting and stealing by
finding. And *could* they still be shot? It seems unlikely as we no longer
have capital punishment, even for the worst of crimes.

I do hope that some of the grinning buffoons who have boasted about their
loot get shot-or perhaps a quick slap.
There was an incident round here when a woman crashed her car and by the
time the Ambulance arrived she had "lost" her handbag and laptop.
I think folk sometimes take the "every cloud has a silver lining" to
extremes.

The first time I went to Italy, my ex husband and I arrived to stay with his
aunt and uncle, just outside Turin. I'd never met them before. As we were
having tea, the phone rang to tell his aunt that her mother in law had been
knocked down and killed on a zebra crossing. It had taken the police and
hospital hours to identify her by the initials inside her wedding ring
because, as she lay dying, someone stole her handbag. The world is full of
people that define the word 'scum'.
And today, we read of one woman whose car was hit by a falling branch in the
storms and wrecked. She, her son and her mother were lucky to escape with
their lives. Police told her to leave it where it was until she could
arrange for its disposal, because it was un-driveable. So when she went
back next day, there was a parking ticket on it AND someone had stolen the
stereo!

Old 23-01-2007, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 Martin wrote:

Please forgive the absence of Sacha and Dave Poole

Ho, ho, ho! ;-)

and a bottle of rum, too?

It was "Whisky Galore", not "Rum Galore"!

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK

Old 23-01-2007, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/1/07 11:21, in article , "David
Rance" wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 Martin wrote:

Please forgive the absence of Sacha and Dave Poole

Ho, ho, ho! ;-)

and a bottle of rum, too?

It was "Whisky Galore", not "Rum Galore"!

David

Yes but not on the dead man's chest. ;-) Or any other part of his anatomy,
for that matter.