GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Northamptonshire garden (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/152523-northamptonshire-garden.html)

Sacha 23-01-2007 08:20 PM

Northamptonshire garden

Did I dream it or did somebody/bodies write here about visiting Dean Park in
Northamptonshire? The programme, Hidden Treasures, was about the interior
of the house and its contents, but James Miller also spoke of the garden and
the restoration of parts of it. Is it worth visiting, if it's the one I'm
thinking of and is open to the public?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Janet Tweedy 28-01-2007 11:34 AM

Northamptonshire garden

In article , Sacha
writes
Did I dream it or did somebody/bodies write here about visiting Dean Park in
Northamptonshire? The programme, Hidden Treasures, was about the interior
of the house and its contents, but James Miller also spoke of the garden and
the restoration of parts of it. Is it worth visiting, if it's the one I'm
thinking of and is open to the public?

Don't know about this house Sacha but if you do visit the county go and
see Kathy Brown's Stevington manor. Her Clematis, Rose and her Bulb open
days are superb and you get a list to go round with to identify all the
plants in flower!

Great teas as well.
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Sacha 28-01-2007 12:40 PM

Northamptonshire garden

On 28/1/07 11:34, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes
Did I dream it or did somebody/bodies write here about visiting Dean Park in
Northamptonshire? The programme, Hidden Treasures, was about the interior
of the house and its contents, but James Miller also spoke of the garden and
the restoration of parts of it. Is it worth visiting, if it's the one I'm
thinking of and is open to the public?

Don't know about this house Sacha but if you do visit the county go and
see Kathy Brown's Stevington manor. Her Clematis, Rose and her Bulb open
days are superb and you get a list to go round with to identify all the
plants in flower!

Great teas as well.

Thanks, Janet. I'll keep that information for 'just in case'. The house I'm
talking about belongs to the Brudenell family and of course, I'd got the
name quite wrong, it's DEENE Park. The series is on Channel 5 and it's
fascinating to anyone who likes old houses and their wonderful contents.