Old 24-01-2007, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Looking forward....

....I'd like to recommend what I think is a truly wonderful plant. I'd never
seen it until I first came here as a customer and I fell in love with it
immediately. Bog-standard garden centres won't have it but they really
should have because it's such a joy. Take a look at:
http://tinyurl.com/ysjch3
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 24-01-2007, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
...I'd like to recommend what I think is a truly wonderful plant. I'd
never
seen it until I first came here as a customer and I fell in love with it
immediately. Bog-standard garden centres won't have it but they really
should have because it's such a joy. Take a look at:
http://tinyurl.com/ysjch3
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Unusual. I was about to say that it looked a bit like a Weigela until I
realised that hakoneutsugi was the name of the plant and not the
photographer (embarassed smiley).
Weigela coraeensis is it's common name for those those that did not already
know.

Old 24-01-2007, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
...I'd like to recommend what I think is a truly wonderful plant. I'd
never
seen it until I first came here as a customer and I fell in love with it
immediately. Bog-standard garden centres won't have it but they really
should have because it's such a joy. Take a look at:
http://tinyurl.com/ysjch3
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Unusual. I was about to say that it looked a bit like a Weigela until I
realised that hakoneutsugi was the name of the plant and not the
photographer (embarassed smiley).
Weigela coraeensis is it's common name for those those that did not

already
know.
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

I thought it was weigela versicolour? anyway Sacha is right always causes
comment here when in flower.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 24-01-2007, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Charlie I got the coraeensis bit by Googling hakoneutsugi. Images look
similar. Not many images for versicolour .
Agreed it is an unusual and very different plant and Sacha is quite right
when she says you won't easily find it.

Old 24-01-2007, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/1/07 19:29, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
...I'd like to recommend what I think is a truly wonderful plant. I'd
never
seen it until I first came here as a customer and I fell in love with it
immediately. Bog-standard garden centres won't have it but they really
should have because it's such a joy. Take a look at:
http://tinyurl.com/ysjch3
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Unusual. I was about to say that it looked a bit like a Weigela until I
realised that hakoneutsugi was the name of the plant and not the
photographer (embarassed smiley).
Weigela coraeensis is it's common name for those those that did not already
know.

My fault, Rupert. I didn't even notice that myself - just went for a good
pic on Google. Very careless of me and you have, of course, identified it
correctly! Do you have it?

Old 24-01-2007, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jan 24, 6:42 pm, Sacha wrote:
...I'd like to recommend what I think is a truly wonderful plant. I'd never
seen it until I first came here as a customer and I fell in love with it
immediately. Bog-standard garden centres won't have it but they really
should have because it's such a joy. Take a look at:http://tinyurl.com/ysjch3
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

It's a pity you don't do mail order.

JudithL at home

Old 24-01-2007, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/1/07 21:23, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
...I'd like to recommend what I think is a truly wonderful plant. I'd
never
seen it until I first came here as a customer and I fell in love with it
immediately. Bog-standard garden centres won't have it but they really
should have because it's such a joy. Take a look at:
http://tinyurl.com/ysjch3
--

Unusual. I was about to say that it looked a bit like a Weigela until I
realised that hakoneutsugi was the name of the plant and not the
photographer (embarassed smiley).
Weigela coraeensis is it's common name for those those that did not
already
know.

I thought it was weigela versicolour? anyway Sacha is right always causes
comment here when in flower.

All I can tell you Charlie is that Ray has had it for many years and it was
sold to him as W. coraeensis by that small nursery opposite (but not
associated with) Stourhead. Looking at pics of W. versicolor on Google my
impression is that C. coraeensis is more vari-coloured but from photos, it's
hard to tell. Whichever it is, it's a stunner and while it needs space to
do its best, I just don't know why it isn't more widely grown.

Old 24-01-2007, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/1/07 22:46, in article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 24, 6:42 pm, Sacha wrote:
...I'd like to recommend what I think is a truly wonderful plant. I'd never
seen it until I first came here as a customer and I fell in love with it
immediately. Bog-standard garden centres won't have it but they really
should have because it's such a joy. Take a look
at:
http://tinyurl.com/ysjch3
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

It's a pity you don't do mail order.

It's under consideration but no more than that, at this stage. It's an
expensive undertaking and we have to give it considerable thought.

Old 25-01-2007, 01:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 24/1/07 19:29, in article , "Rupert
(W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

Not got one -yet I have banned myself from even thinking about buying
anything else until all the stuff that I bought on the autumn/pre
summer/spring and pre-order lists arrives and is planted.
It's never a good idea to look at online plant sites when tanked up on red
wine on cold winter evenings:-)

Old 25-01-2007, 01:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
Pridham" wrote:

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

It looks like the plant I've seen grown as W. coraeensis. (One of the
local NT gardens has it.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 25-01-2007, 01:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 24/1/07 22:46, in article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 24, 6:42 pm, Sacha wrote:
...I'd like to recommend what I think is a truly wonderful plant. I'd
never
seen it until I first came here as a customer and I fell in love with it
immediately. Bog-standard garden centres won't have it but they really
should have because it's such a joy. Take a look
at:
http://tinyurl.com/ysjch3
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

It's a pity you don't do mail order.

It's under consideration but no more than that, at this stage. It's an
expensive undertaking and we have to give it considerable thought.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

We talked about that many moons ago? I suppose in the case of your business
you are selling "The Hill House experience" which can't be replicated on
line. OK perhaps you could do mail order cream teas and a virtual tour of
the gardens :-)
Even the mighty Crug have decided to do a limited mail order service.!
I will be your first customer to order one Bacopa at 75p (postage paid) or
perhaps not because it is still flowering from last year.

Old 25-01-2007, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon

I've been sorely tempted by this ever since seeing that large plant in
your border adjacent to the car park. Wiegelias have never 'set my
world on fire', but this is so free flowering and such a confection of
pink and cream that it's a must-have in almost any garden. BTW from
what I can remember of 'Versicolor', the pink is a bit more strident
and the density of flower isn't so great. Yours is definitely an
improvement on that.

Old 25-01-2007, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
[...]
Even the mighty Crug have decided to do a limited mail order service.!

It says something about me that I read that as "Krug".

--
Mike.