Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Other uses for olive oil

On 6/2/07 22:46, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 27/1/07 23:03, in article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 27, 2:45 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
but there is a woman in London who also trained with Papa Joe (the
famous Maori healer, who died last year) for seven years...

I could dig out her e-mail address, if you want?

Anne, I have had a reply to my email. It is hoped that London will be
a venue in the Summer and possibly Devon, Sacha, can I have a room for
the night please?

Already booked. ;-) I think we talked about May here, didn't we? I'll
have to go back and check the dates! I'm going to contact Cormaic and see
if they will be able to come.

I haven't seen anything from Cormaic for ages, is he still OK?

He's extremely busy with the family business and had a family bereavement
just before Christmas. I just don't think he has time to 'do' urg as well
as everything else.
In fact, I see that I proposed July 7th or 8th for a meet here. If people
could give some indication on group as to whether they can manage that, it
would help us plan here. Because it's a long trip for most and you might
make a long week end of it, we don't expect any food contributions but will
gladly supply lunch on one of those days.
For general info, we're about one hour from the Eden Project, slightly less
from The Garden House, 40 minutes or so from Torquay and Dartmouth (traffic
dependent) and probably just over the hour from Rosemoor. From here and
over the sheep grid onto the outskirts of Dartmoor must be all of 12
minutes. There is a large number of b&b's in this area which I can give info
on to those who want it. Our nearest railway station is Totnes.
I recall that there was some talk of going to Charlie's on one of those
days, too.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 12-02-2007, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27 Jan, 13:05, "
wrote:
On Jan 27, 12:38 am, Anne Jackson wrote:

eI remember my grandma using almond oil, but that may have been
her 'cure' for earache? (It *was* a long time ago...)

--
AnneJ

Our Grannies knew a thing or two about cures when there was nothing
else available. Almond oil is a great carrier for other oils that are
too strong to use by themselves i.e. lavender oil.

I can remember a very small onion, like a cocktail onion, being boiled
and the very small kernel in the centre being put into my ear for
earache - I have never heard that from anyone else so I don't know if
that was just Granny's solution or if others used it.

JudithL

When I was in Sicily, I was told that on the wedding night a couple
would have a small bottle of olive oil placed on the table next to the
bed. I don't know if it was extra-virgin olive oil. Well, you did ask
for other uses for olive oil.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"hazchem" wrote in message
oups.com...

When I was in Sicily, I was told that on the wedding night a couple
would have a small bottle of olive oil placed on the table next to the
bed. I don't know if it was extra-virgin olive oil. Well, you did ask
for other uses for olive oil.

Very Posh. All you get round here is a pot of lard of if you are very
special beef dripping.