GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   first cut of the season (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/152640-first-cut-season.html)

Kate Morgan 27-01-2007 05:09 PM

first cut of the season

no not me but my next door neighbour, anyone else ?

[email protected] 27-01-2007 06:02 PM

first cut of the season

On Jan 27, 5:09 pm, Kate Morgan wrote:
no not me but my next door neighbour, anyone else ?

Our grass is water-logged and the tractor would sink into it!

Judith Lea at home

[email protected] 27-01-2007 06:10 PM

first cut of the season

On Jan 27, 5:36 pm, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message
from Kate Morgan contains these words:

no not me but my next door neighbour, anyone else ?Was going to but went to a lunchtime drinks party and decided

it would have to wait until tomorrow! Hope it is fine as it really
does need a cut ...

Jennifer

Jennifer, what have I told you about being drunk and in charge of the
Hover Mower?

Judith

Sacha 27-01-2007 06:34 PM

first cut of the season

On 27/1/07 18:02, in article
,
" wrote:

On Jan 27, 5:09 pm, Kate Morgan wrote:
no not me but my next door neighbour, anyone else ?

Our grass is water-logged and the tractor would sink into it!

Judith Lea at home

Same here but the grass has never stopped growing.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

cliff_the_gardener 27-01-2007 08:00 PM

first cut of the season

I guess all this rain stops some people - but for me this is one
advantage of growing on sand.
Last cut of 2006 - Dec 4
First cut of 2007 - Jan 16 - ok just alight cut to keep it tidy but it
hasn't let up. It will be more interesting to see when the next cuts
are - for that will give a mesure of how quickly it is growing.

Clifford
Bawtry, Doncaster, South Yorkshire

Charlie Pridham 28-01-2007 09:06 AM

first cut of the season

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
no not me but my next door neighbour, anyone else ?

Haven't stopped from last year yet! last cut was 28th December am hoping to
whiz around again today after playing with the shredder :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Sacha 28-01-2007 02:31 PM

first cut of the season

On 28/1/07 13:20, in article ,
"Jennifer Sparkes" wrote:

The message om
from "
contains these words:

Jennifer, what have I told you about being drunk and in charge of the
Hover Mower?

Judith .... hmmm

... but you are quite right as the front garden is open plan!

Lawn now soberly cut - push mower as the Flymo decided it wasn't
going to play today. :(((

Jennifer

Clearly it knows when it's safer not to go out. ;-))

[email protected] 28-01-2007 05:13 PM

first cut of the season

On 27 Jan, 17:09, Kate Morgan wrote:
no not me but my next door neighbour, anyone else ?

Whenever I have been home it has been too wet, going back to October.
Looking pretty shaggy now, and I was tempted to cut today but didn't.
Oddly it looks a lot shorter now than it did at the start of December.