Old 28-01-2007, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardening Scheme for cancer patients

I am currently setting up a free gardening scheme for terminally ill
cancer patients called Big 'G' 4 Big C. I will be offering either a
full or partial service. The full service will be for people who can
no longer fully maintain their gardens and the partial service is for
people who can no longer carry out the heavier maintenance tasks. For
example, hedge trimming, lawn mowing or border digging. These services
will be completely free of charge, but if a donation is made based on
the work carried out then it would be gratefully received. The
working area for this scheme will be Hampshire, east Dorset and south
Wiltshire.

Please visit http://www.bigg4bigc.org.uk to find out more and registar
your support or interest. Also you can check for updates at http://
blog.bigg4bigc.org.uk

Many thanks

Edward Smith..

Old 28-01-2007, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/1/07 15:30, in article
, "EddSmith"
wrote:

[...]

It sounds very praiseworthy, though wonder if there would be a larger
response from volunteers if others who are disabled by serious illness were
included? e.g. those with MS, MD, Motor Neurone......?
I hope you get a lot of response because it sounds a marvellous idea and
worth supporting and it just occurs to me that widening the field might
increase the number of volunteers.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk