Old 28-01-2007, 08:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default For fox sake.

Alan Holmes wrote:
"Richard Corbett" wrote in message
It is a perfectly legal sport so are you saying that having been shot the
bird shouldn't have been humanely dispatched.

Is it a sport extinguishing the life of a fellow planet dweller? Is the
taking of any life a sport? Is war a sport? At least soldiers fight each
other - it is not so loaded the way of of the coward who is taking no
risk - other than perhaps being shat on.

So breeding chickens for food is inhumane, when you either cut their heads
off or strangle them, that is inhumane?

Ditto for sheep and cattle, the only difference is that shooting birds is
less effective than cutting throats of sheep!

Alan

You miss the point. Sheep, cows and chickens are not frightened out of
undergrowth they have been encouraged to hide in, by men with sticks,
and then shot FOR FUN. Are you a bit thick, or what? This is a
fundamental and very simple point to grasp and your comparison is
childish and pathetic (and rather desperate).

Yes, in fact, the way non-free range chickens are produced (and eggs
from battery hens) IS inhumane, as you well know if you are not a total
ignoramus.
Old 28-01-2007, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , says...
Alan Holmes wrote:
[...]

You miss the point sheep and cattle are driven into trucks, taken on frightening
long distance drives in cramped uncomfortable condidtions which can last for
hours or even days before meeting with the 'humane killer'. personally I prefer
the rifle on the farm method as used for venison used by a competent opperative.
For smaller stuff I prefer to murder my own so that I know that the period
between fear and coup de grace is kept to a minimum

Gill M
Old 28-01-2007, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gill Matthews wrote:
In article , says...
Alan Holmes wrote:
[...]

No, Gill, YOU are missing the point. As, it seems, are most people. We
are not discussing the suffering that pigs, sheep and cows go through. I
totally abhor that and I actively campaign against it. But, and this is
the point, THEY ARE NOT FRIGHTENED OUT OF COVER AND SHOT FOR FUN.
Interesting that you used the word "murder", by the way. What happens to
pigs, sheep and cows is, of course, sometimes worse. But there is more
than one evil under the sun...
Old 28-01-2007, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Jane" wrote in message
Gill Matthews wrote:
In article ,
says...
Alan Holmes wrote:
[...]

No, as has been put, they are frightened out of their lives whilst being
transported over hundreds of miles, to be killed, and not always quickly!

Alan